KDnuggets 14:n03, Top Trends ahead of Strata; New Poll: Using Text Analytics? Cartoon: Watson and AI
Latest analytics/data mining news, including Features (9) | Software (4) | Webcasts (2) | Courses, Events (9) | Meetings (1) | Jobs (9) | Academic (3) | Competitions (1) | Publications (7) | Tweets (7) | NewsBriefs (3) | CFP (14) .
Latest KDnuggets News 14:n03, (Feb 05, 2014) Features:
- Top Trends in Analytics and Big Data ahead of Strata 2014 Santa Clara
- New Poll: Using Text Analytics
- Top stories in January: Tutorial: Data Science in Python; Learning from Data, Caltech free online course
- Viewpoint: Why your company should NOT use "Big Data"
- PAW: Learn How to Predict Influence with Uplift Modeling at PAW San Francisco, Mar 16-21
- Cartoon: Watson and Artificial vs Natural Intelligence
- Top stories for Jan 26 - Feb 1: Online Courses in Analytics, ML, Data Science; Top Trends in Analytics, Big Data
- Top stories for Jan 19-25: Learning from Data free online course; MassBigData; Split on Data Science Skills
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in January
Let's be inspired by nature, but not too much (not emulate her blindly), Yann Lecun, MA Ranzato, Tutorial on Deep Learning, commenting on why airplanes don't flap their wings.