KDnuggets 14:n04, Text Analytics slow takeoff; Data Scientist Valentine Day; 3 Ways to test model accuracy
Latest analytics/data mining news, including surprisingly little change in Text Analytics use, Data Scientist Valentine Day, and Features (7) | News (10) | Software (2) | Webcasts (2) | Courses (2) | Meetings (2) | Jobs (10) | Academic (4) | Publications (6) | Tweets (6) | CFP (14) .
Latest KDnuggets News 14:n04, (Feb 19, 2014) Features:
- Poll Results: Text Analytics Use Shows No Significant Change
- 3 Ways to Test the Accuracy of Your Predictive Models
- Cartoon: Data Scientist Valentine Day Prediction
- One Page R: A Survival Guide to Data Science with R
- PAW Predictive Analytics World San Francisco, KDnuggets Discount
- KDnuggets talks to IBM: Data scientists: Hire an individual or team?
- Deep Learning Wins Dogs vs Cats competition on Kaggle
Also News (10) | Software (2) | Webcasts (2) | Courses (2) | Meetings (2) | Jobs (10) | Academic (4) | Publications (6) | Tweets (6) | CFP (14) |
Information causes changes. If it doesn't, it is not information (Claude Shannon), quoted by noted science historian James Burke at Strata, Feb 13, 2014.