2014 Feb Publications
All (82) | Courses, Education (9) | Meetings & Reports (12) | News, Features (24) | Opinions, Interviews (6) | Publications (8) | Software (8) | Top Tweets (12) | Webcasts (3)
- Qualitative Analytics: Why numbers do not tell the complete story?
- Feb 21, 2014.
Data scientists love numbers, yet not all data is numerical. Qualitative analytics should not be ignored, especially given the unique value it provides.
- KDnuggets 14:n04, Text Analytics slow takeoff; Data Scientist Valentine Day; 3 Ways to test model accuracy
- Feb 19, 2014.
Latest analytics/data mining news, including surprisingly little change in Text Analytics use, Data Scientist Valentine Day, and Features (7) | News (10) | Software (2) | Webcasts (2) | Courses (2) | Meetings (2) | Jobs (10) | Academic (4) | Publications (6) | Tweets (6) | CFP (14) .
- Opening the Dataset: A Twelve-Step Program for Dataholics
- Feb 15, 2014.
Bruce Ratner, a functioning dataholic, writes dataiku verses, and paints swirling equations to relax. He shares his 12 step program that helps him, and others who love to data, to recover.
- KDnuggets talks to IBM: Data scientists: Hire an individual or team?
- Feb 13, 2014.
KDnuggets recent poll about Data Science - Individual vs Team has caught attention of IBM. Listen to the podcast where I discuss the unexpected findings of this poll and other Data Science topics.
- Book: Mining of Massive Datasets, 2nd Edition, free download
- Feb 12, 2014.
The second edition of this landmark book adds Jure Leskovec as a coauthor and has 3 new chapters, on mining large graphs, dimensionality reduction, and machine learning. You can still freely download a PDF version.
- 3 Ways to Test the Accuracy of Your Predictive Models
- Feb 8, 2014.
3 different methods for testing accuracy of predictive models from 3 leading analytics experts - Karl Rexer, John Elder, and Dean Abbott explain using lift charts, randomization testing, and bootstrap sampling.
- New book on Mining User Generated Content – Save 25%
- Feb 6, 2014.
This book focuses on mining and applications of UGC (user-generated content) including social annotation, music information retrieval, social networks, and sentiment analysis.
- KDnuggets 14:n03, Top Trends ahead of Strata; New Poll: Using Text Analytics? Cartoon: Watson and AI
- Feb 5, 2014.
Latest analytics/data mining news, including Features (9) | Software (4) | Webcasts (2) | Courses, Events (9) | Meetings (1) | Jobs (9) | Academic (3) | Competitions (1) | Publications (7) | Tweets (7) | NewsBriefs (3) | CFP (14) .