KDnuggets 14:n06, How Many Data Scientists? Crossing the Chasm and Big Data; Trifacta vs Paxata
Latest analytics, data mining, and data science news, including How Many Data Scientists are out there, exclusive interviews with Geoffrey Moore (Crossing the Chasm), Paco Nathan (Apache Mesos and Big Data Math), and Quentin Clark (Power of BI), and LIONbook completed.
Latest KDnuggets News 14:n06, (Mar 19, 2014) Features:
- How Many Data Scientists are out there?
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Geoffrey Moore: Crossing the Chasm and Big Data
- IBM Big Data & Analytics Heroes: Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro
- Machine Learning in 7 Pictures
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Paco Nathan, Chief Scientist at Mesosphere
- LIONbook: Machine Learning + Intelligent Optimization - completed, free personal download
- February Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining companies and startups activity
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Interview with Quentin Clark, CVP, Microsoft Data Platform Group
Also News (3) | Software (6) | Webcasts (3) | Courses (5) | Competitions (3) | Meetings (6) | Jobs (3) | Academic (4) | Publications (10) | Tweets (6) | CFP (6) |
"Why Most Published Research Findings Are False", title of 2005 paper by John P. Ioannidis, whose fight for better (data) science continues with him leading new METRICS center at Stanford.