2014 Mar Publications
All (108) | Courses, Education (9) | Meetings & Reports (13) | News, Features (20) | Opinions, Interviews (19) | Publications (16) | Software (9) | Top Tweets (13) | Webcasts (9)
- New Book: Practical Data Science with R - Mar 29, 2014.
This new book will help you learn and apply the R programming language and statistical analysis techniques to carefully explained examples based in marketing, business intelligence, and decision support.
- Swiss Analytics Magazine launched - Mar 28, 2014.
The very first issue of the Swiss Analytics Magazine is now available online. The primary objective of this publication is to provide original analytics content to Swiss practitioners.
- KDnuggets 14:n07, Data Scientist Salary; Test your Numbersense; 4 LinkedIn steps - Mar 26, 2014.
Latest Analytics, Big Data, Data science and Data mining news, including Features, Opinions, Software, News Briefs, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings, Jobs, Academic positions, Top Tweets, and CFP .
- What is numbersense – test yours - Mar 25, 2014.
Kaiser Fung, Marketing and Analytics expert, and author of "Numbersense" book, explains what is numbersense in the age of Big Data. Test yours.
- KDnuggets 14:n06, How Many Data Scientists? Crossing the Chasm and Big Data; Trifacta vs Paxata - Mar 19, 2014.
Latest analytics, data mining, and data science news, including How Many Data Scientists are out there, exclusive interviews with Geoffrey Moore (Crossing the Chasm), Paco Nathan (Apache Mesos and Big Data Math), and Quentin Clark (Power of BI), and LIONbook completed.
- Big Data Library on Demand: The Leading Edge of Data Science - Mar 18, 2014.
IE group Big Data Library offers many interesting presentations on demand. This week it is "The Leading Edge of Data Science".
- Machine Learning in 7 Pictures - Mar 18, 2014.
Basic machine learning concepts of Bias vs Variance Tradeoff, Avoiding overfitting, Bayesian inference and Occam razor, Feature combination, Non-linear basis functions, and more - explained via pictures.
- New book: Big Data, Mining, and Analytics: Components of Strategic Decision Making - Mar 15, 2014.
This book ties together big data, data mining, and analytics to explain how readers can leverage them to extract valuable insights from their data.
- Complimentary Chapter – Numbersense: How to Use Big Data to Your Advantage - Mar 13, 2014.
Download a chapter of best-selling "Numbersense" book and learn how Groupon deals with predictive modeling challenges.
- FICO: 20+ Years of Analytics Innovations to fight Fraud - Mar 12, 2014.
FICO infographic shows 20+ years of analytics innovations protecting consumers from payments fraud. It highlights the most significant innovations in anti-fraud analytics for card payments, and offers interesting facts about payment fraud.
- LIONbook: Machine Learning + Intelligent Optimization – completed, free personal download - Mar 11, 2014.
This book combines two usually separated topics: machine learning and intelligent optimization, and does it with enough technical details to satisfy professionals, but also with concrete examples, vivid images, and fun. Buy a low-cost paperback or ebook (Kindle), or download a free PDF.
- Dancing Statistics – who says statistics cannot be fun? - Mar 10, 2014.
Four little dance routines explain statistical concepts of frequency distributions, sampling, standard error, variance, correlation, and correlation != causation. Enjoy!
- Introduction to Random Forests® for Beginners – free ebook - Mar 6, 2014.
Random Forests is of the most powerful and successful machine learning techniques. This free ebook will help beginners to leverage the power of Random Forests.
- Book: R for Business Analytics - Mar 5, 2014.
This book helps you kick-start with analytics including chapters on data visualization, code examples on web analytics and social media analytics, clustering, regression models, text mining, data mining models and forecasting.
- KDnuggets 14:n05, Exclusive: Yann LeCun interview; New Salary Poll; Gartner Analytics MQ - Mar 5, 2014.
Latest analytics/data mining news, including Features (10) | News (6) | Software (5) | Webcasts (1) | Courses (6) | Meetings (5) | Jobs (7) | Academic (1) | Publications (5) | Top Tweets (5) | CFP (18) .
- Book: Ask, Measure, Learn – Social Media Analytics for Customer Behavior - Mar 3, 2014.
Ask-Measure-Learn is a rare book intended both for a manager and for a data scientist. It presents a framework that helps you ask the right questions, measure the right data, and then learn from the results.