2014 Mar Top Tweets
All (108) | Courses, Education (9) | Meetings & Reports (13) | News, Features (20) | Opinions, Interviews (19) | Publications (16) | Software (9) | Top Tweets (13) | Webcasts (9)
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 28-30: SAS vs R vs Python, ecosystem comparison; Practical Data Science with R - Mar 31, 2014.
SAS vs. R vs. Python - Which should you learn?; New Book: Practical Data Science with R ; Is Data Scientist the right career path for you? Candid advice; Must read books for people interested in Analytics.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 26-27: Watch “Statistics with R for newbies”; Coursera free #DataScience courses - Mar 28, 2014.
Also free ebooks on Practical Machine Learning: Innovations in Recommendations, and Apache Hive - How to access big data on Hadoop with SQL/HiveQL.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 24-25: Is a Data Science Certificate sufficient? Kaggle branches beyond competitions - Mar 26, 2014.
My answer to Is a Data Science Certificate sufficient to become a data scientist? Kaggle branches beyond data mining competitions, will build oil and gas vertical solution; Vicarious, developing brain-inspired machine learning, gets $40M from Mark and Elon; OkCupid "Love" Analytics finds best three questions.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 21-23: Machine Learning in Parallel with SVM; Good Data Sets for Data Science Practice - Mar 24, 2014.
Machine Learning in Parallel with SVM, GLM; Good Data Sets for Data Science Practice: Big enough, requires data engineering, rich; Cartoon: Why Madame Zaza, Fortune Teller, changes to Predictive Analytics; Top 45 #BigData Tools and Platforms for Developers
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 19-20: Bitcoin 101 – everything you need to know; Top IPython Notebooks at #strataconf - Mar 21, 2014.
Bitcoin 101 - covers everything you need to know, how it is traded, history, and future; Top 7 IPython Notebooks used for presentations at #strataconf; Online (streaming) Learning with Microsoft AdPredictor algorithm; IBM creates fraud & financial crimes prevention unit, leveraging #BigData Analytics.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 17-18: NSA metadata can find medical/financial conditions; Machine Learning in 7 Pictures - Mar 19, 2014.
Stanford students show NSA metadata can find medical, financial conditions; Machine Learning in 7 Pictures ; Social Networks are investing big in Artificial Intelligence; 7 Key Skills of Effective Data Scientists.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 14-16: Is Apache Spark the Next Big Thing? R Meta-Book – best CRAN posts assembled - Mar 17, 2014.
Apache Spark promises to be the Next Big Thing in #Big Data - 100x faster than #Hadoop; An R Meta-Book - best CRAN posts assembled; The Beauty of pi - the fastest (and most incomprehensible) formula; Tips for Hiring Data Scientists: look for quants with business hustle.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 12-13: Machine learning explained in 10 pictures; Tutorial: Using Google BigQuery - Mar 14, 2014.
Machine learning explained in 10 pictures. The most important: Bias vs Variance; A Tutorial example: Using Google BigQuery with R; Visualizing Google Analytics Data With R; Exploratory Data Analysis on Udacity: Investigate, Visualize, and Summarize Data Using R.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 10-11: Deep Learning overview, free book; Best machine learning interview questions - Mar 12, 2014.
Deep Learning: Methods and Application, free book from Microsoft; Best interview questions to evaluate a machine learning researcher; Good list of Machine Learning Libraries in Python: scikit-learn, pandas, Theano, NLTK.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 7-9: Experiments with Twitter and IPython; Cloudera Data Scientist Solution Kit - Mar 10, 2014.
Learn very useful skills! #DataScience Experiments with Twitter and IPython; Cloudera Data Scientist Solution Kit; For data science hackers: combining Emacs, ESS and R for Zombies; Mashape - Free Natural Language Processing Service.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 5-6: Data Science Backlash begins; Intro to Random Forests® for Beginners – free ebook - Mar 7, 2014.
Backlash begins: Data Science is not a science, and not a good job prospect; Intro to Random Forests for Beginners - free ebook; Must read for data scientists: Q - new Data Language; Book: R for Business Analytics.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 3-4: Accenture/MIT data science challenge; Spark graduates, 100x faster than Hadoop - Mar 5, 2014.
Accenture and MIT data science challenge - analyze City of Chicago; Spark graduates from Apache Incubator, 100x faster than Hadoop over in-memory data; Stanford Data Mining, Finance, Statistics Courses Online; Data Mining Cup 2014 - Student Competition starts.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 28 – Mar 2: Using R with Twitter – great tutorial; The Dos and Donts of Data Mining - Mar 3, 2014.
Using R with Twitter - great tutorial in Rstudio; The Dos and Donts of Data Mining; Wolfram Breakthrough Knowledge-based Programming Language; Online Data Science Certificates in Analytics and Programming for Data Science.