2014 Apr Opinions, Interviews
All (91) | Courses, Education (8) | Meetings & Reports (13) | News, Features (18) | Opinions, Interviews (11) | Publications (17) | Software (5) | Top Tweets (13) | Webcasts (6)
- KDnuggets Interview: Juan Miguel Lavista, Microsoft Data Science Team
- Apr 30, 2014.
We discuss Randomized Controlled Experiments, common errors during A/B testing, Correlation vs. Causality, Big Data Myths and setting up realistic expectations from Big Data and more...
- KDnuggets Interview: Michael Brodie on Data Curation, Cloud Computing, Startup Quality, Verizon (part 2)
- Apr 28, 2014.
The second part of our exclusive interview focuses on Data Curation, Cloud Computing, Data Tamer and Jisto startups, and his experience as a chief Scientist of Verizon - and how that relates to teenager never tidying a room for 60 years.
- Exclusive Interview: David Stringfellow, Chief Economist, State Utah Auditor
- Apr 25, 2014.
We discuss Analytics for Public Policy decisions, responsibilities of Utah Chief Data Officer, crowdsourcing analytics for resolving Government problems and most important skills for data science practitioners.
- Are Big Data and Privacy at odds? FICO Interview
- Apr 23, 2014.
We discuss privacy, FICO scores, balancing predictive power and non-discrimination, whether technology bringing big data and privacy closer, and most important privacy issues for FICO.
- Exclusive Interview: Michael Brodie, Leading Database Researcher, Industry Leader, Thinker
- Apr 21, 2014.
We discuss the most important database research advances, industry developments, role of relational, NoSQL, Graph databases, Computing Reality, and more.
- Exclusive Interview: Peter Bruce, President Statistics.com
- Apr 17, 2014.
We discuss the mission of Statistics.com, selection of analytics courses and certificates, the future of analytics education, MOOCs, are Statistics disconnected from Big Data, the role of a data scientist, and more.
- Beyond the Science of Data Science
- Apr 8, 2014.
The difference between what is required being a successful analytics consultant and what is taught in school.
- Learning and Teaching Machine Learning: A Personal Journey
- Apr 5, 2014.
Joseph Barr examines history and origins of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence and recounts his personal journey from statistics to industry to teaching machine learning and running R on Unix clusters.
- Employee Churn 201: Calculating Employee Value
- Apr 4, 2014.
Much has been written about customer churn. This post examines employee churn - an equally important problem and its unique dynamics.
- HP Perspective on Big Data and Analytics: Interview with Mazhar Hussain
- Apr 3, 2014.
KDnuggets talks with Mazhar Hussain, HP Big Data & Analytics Services Leader, on key topics for the industry and 4 next big areas in Big Data.
- Exclusive: Interview with Sriram Sankar – LinkedIn Economic Graph
- Apr 2, 2014.
KDnuggets talks with Sriram Sankar, Principal Staff Engineer at LinkedIn about LinkedIn’s “Economic Graph”, Entity-Oriented Search, and the biggest challenges towards delivering relevant, personalized search results.