2014 May Opinions, Interviews
All (123) | Courses, Education (6) | Meetings & Reports (21) | News, Features (22) | Opinions, Interviews (26) | Publications (18) | Software (10) | Top Tweets (13) | Webcasts (7)
- Interview: Kirk Borne, Data Scientist, GMU on Decision Science as a Service and Data Science curriculum - May 31, 2014.
We discuss Kirk's role at Syntasa, the concept of "Decision Science as a Service", key components of a well-designed Data Science education curriculum, advice for young aspirants and more.
- Preparing Industry for the Upcoming Data Deluge: PAW-Manufacturing 2014 - May 30, 2014.
Predictive analytics will become more powerful in industry as the data that computers collect and analyze in consumer and manufacturing contexts becomes more numerous.
- Interview: Kirk Borne, Data Scientist, GMU on Big Data in Astrophysics and Correlation vs. Causality - May 30, 2014.
We discuss how to build the best data models, significance of correlation and causality in Predictive Analytics, and impact of Big Data on Astrophysics.
- Data Mining Modern Languages - May 30, 2014.
We examine the trends and implications in modern language enrollment in the United States, and also show an excellent example of using rCharts and ggplot2 for interactive visualization.
- Interview: Walter Maguire, Chief Field Technologist on HP Big Data Strategy and HAVEn - May 28, 2014.
We discuss how HP views Big Data, capabilities of HP HAVEn, leveraging Big Data for improving customer experience, Analytics challenges, outsourcing criteria and current trends.
- Interview: Martin Hack, CEO, Skytree on Industrializing Machine Learning for Big Data - May 26, 2014.
We discuss the mission of Skytree, product strategy, complimentary consulting programs, recent trends, and current expectations from Machine Learning.
- Interview: Richard Wendell, VP, Data Science, TE Connectivity on the Role of Analytics in Organizations - May 24, 2014.
We discuss organizational structure of data science team, making Analytics an integral component of all projects, future of Big Data and crucial soft-skills for aspiring practitioners.
- Saxon Global, fast growing BI, Big Data, Cloud Service Provider - May 24, 2014.
Why India is emerging as a powerhouse of Analytics, Big Data Applications, Privacy, What will replace Big Data, and more.
- Interview: Richard Wendell, VP, Data Science, TE Connectivity on Strategy for Analytics Projects - May 23, 2014.
We discuss the last mile of the execution path of Analytics projects, five critical pillars of success and data-driven decision making through advanced analytics.
- Data Literacy: Education for the Information Economy - May 22, 2014.
Brian Liou discusses how data literacy adopts an even more important role for professionals in the data-driven world of today as seen in the interviews conducted for the Analytics Handbook.
- Interview: Dale Russell, CTO, Talksum on Building Talksum Router and Real-time Anaytics - May 21, 2014.
We discuss challenges in building Talksum data stream solution, current trends in real-time analytics, advice for Data Science aspirants and more.
- Interview: Dale Russell, CTO, Talksum on Winning the IE Big Data Startup Award - May 20, 2014.
We discuss Talksum data stream router and cross-domain networking with real-time data management using data streams.
- Stacking the Deck: The Next Wave of Opportunity in Big Data - May 20, 2014.
A leading venture capitalist explains why Big Data infrastructure market is mostly mature and where lies the next big area of opportunities related to Big Data.
- Exclusive Interview: Michael O’Connell, Chief Data Scientist, TIBCO on How to Lead in Big Data - May 19, 2014.
We discuss Big Data vs. Fast Data, Data Visualization trends, Jaspersoft acquisition, factors differentiating future leaders of Big Data and more.
- Interview: Gary Shorter, Quintiles on Future of Heathcare and Big Data Skills - May 16, 2014.
We discuss how Big Data is shaping the future of Healthcare industry and advice for career in Analytics.
- Interview: Gary Shorter, Director of Data Science, Quintiles on Big Data for Healthcare - May 15, 2014.
We discuss the rising medical costs, how can Big Data help, key features of Quintiles Inforsario and Topological Data Analysis.
- Interview: Prateek Jain, Director of Engineering, eHarmony on Fast Search and Sharding - May 14, 2014.
We discuss Big Data architecture, fast multi-attribute searches, database sharding and scaling challenges at eHarmony.
- Interview: George Corugedo, CTO, RedPoint on Big Data Trends and Important Skills - May 13, 2014.
We discuss the key trends in Big Data industry, important skills for Data Science practioners and more.
- Interview: George Corugedo, CTO, RedPoint on YARN and Customer Analytics - May 12, 2014.
We discuss significance of YARN for Hadoop 2.0 platform, unique benefits of RedPoint Convergent Marketing Platform and Master Key Management for Customer Analytics.
- Interview: Arijit Sengupta, CEO, BeyondCore on Advanced Analytics and Big Data - May 9, 2014.
We discuss traditional analytics vs. modern analytics, avoiding over-simplification, human-technology interaction for Big Data, challenges in democratizing analytics and more.
- Interview: Xinghua Lou (Microsoft) on Mining Clinical Notes and Big Data in Healthcare - May 7, 2014.
We discuss data mining of cancer clinical data, LDA topic model, challenges in mining clinical notes, big data in healthcare and more.
- Human Dynamics – Data Mining Mobile Phone Usage - May 6, 2014.
Mobile phone usage contains a gold mine of insights. We examine what was learned about human social connections from the first-ever extensive study of social interactions in Mexico.
- Interview: Michael Brodie on Industry Lessons, Knowledge Discovery, and Future Trends - May 6, 2014.
The last part of our exclusive interview focuses on Industry Lessons, Knowledge Discovery, Privacy Issues, Expected Technical Developments in next 5 years and more.
- Employee Churn 202: Good and Bad Churn - May 4, 2014.
This post extends the “quantitative scissors” approach to employee churn and examines the factors that underlie attrition cost.
- Poincare Conjecture, Perelman way, and Topology of social networks - May 3, 2014.
We examine the connections between the $1 million proof of Poincare conjecture by a reclusive math genius and the topological behavior and information diffusion over social networks.
- Interview: Vasanth Kumar, Principal Data Scientist, Live Nation - May 2, 2014.
We discuss challenges in analyzing bursty data, real-time classification, relevance of statistics and advice for newcomers to Data Science.