2014 May Software
All (124) | Courses, Education (6) | Meetings & Reports (21) | News, Features (22) | Opinions, Interviews (27) | Publications (18) | Software (10) | Top Tweets (13) | Webcasts (7)
- Vowpal Wabbit: Fast Learning on Big Data
- May 26, 2014.
Vowpal Wabbit is a fast out-of-core machine learning system, which can learn from huge, terascale datasets faster than any other current algorithm. We also explain the cute name.
- OnlyBoth Startup is like IBM Watson in Reverse
- May 24, 2014.
OnlyBoth startup from Vivisimo co-founder Raul Valdes-Perez is like IBM Watson in reverse - it discovers new insights in data and writes them in English.
- Zementis – Cool Vendor in Data Science, 2014
- May 22, 2014.
Zementis, named by Gartner a Cool Vendor in Data Science, provides a scalable, standards-based platform to rapidly deploy and execute predictive models.
- Signi-Trend App: Detecting Significant Trends in Text
- May 21, 2014.
Signi-Trend is a visual explorer tool for a new, heavy-hitters style, trend detection algorithm. Details will be published at KDD 2014.
- BabelNet 2.5: Very Large Multilingual Encyclopedic Dictionary and Semantic Network
- May 19, 2014.
BabelNet 2.5 covers 50 languages, and offers seamless integration of WordNet, Open Multilingual WordNet, Wikipedia, OmegaWiki, Wikidata (NEW), and Wiktionary (NEW). Check upcoming BabelNet workshops.
- Uppd8: An Engine for the Wisdom of Crowds
- May 15, 2014.
What people think matters. Uppd8 focuses on crowd sentiment analysis and provides tag-scored data based on different user types. Basic services will be provided for free.
- Guide to Data Science Cheat Sheets
- May 12, 2014.
Selection of the most useful Data Science cheat sheets, covering SQL, Python (including NumPy, SciPy and Pandas), R (including Regression, Time Series, Data Mining), MATLAB, and more.
- ClearStory – The Fastest, Simplest Way to Analyze Data
- May 8, 2014.
ClearStory is modernizing how diverse data is accessed, merged, and analyzed, and how insights are consumed by analysts and business users. Try ClearStory today.
- Spotlight: RapidMiner New Predictive Analytics Platform-as-a-Service
- May 7, 2014.
We examine the newly announced RapidMiner Platform-as-a-Service, installed on AWS and managed by RapidMiner experts.
- Data Scientists Not Required: Promises the recently launched Alteryx Analytics 9.0
- May 4, 2014.
Alteryx Analytics 9.0 blends new sources of customer Insight such as Social Media, Google Analytics, and Marketo with data from legacy environments such as SAS Analytics.