All (103) | Courses, Education (4) | Meetings & Reports (10) | News, Features (22) | Opinions, Interviews (31) | Publications (8) | Software (8) | Top Tweets (13) | Webcasts (7)
- Exclusive: Dave Marvit, Innovation Strategy Consultant, Fujitsu on Modern Sentiment Analysis using Ubiquitous Continuous Sensing - Jun 30, 2014.
We discuss traditional sentiment analysis vs. modern sentiment analysis, role of data science in Human Centric Intelligent Society, mainstream adoption of bio sensors and opportunities created by Big Data from ubiquitous continuous sensing.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Jun 30 and beyond - Jun 30, 2014.
CAP Theorem (key Big Data idea), Analytics and Machine Learning, SAS and Hadoop, MongoDB, Data Lakes, Data Visualization, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 27-29: Google says Hadoop era is over - Jun 30, 2014.
Google says #Hadoop era is over, Google Cloud Dataflow can do much more; Machine learning, data mining, predictive analysis, and advanced analytics ~ same; Do you need a Masters Degree to become a Data Scientist? ; Larry Page: "if we data mined health care data, we could save 100K lives next year".
- 100 Big Data Companies Analyzed - Jun 29, 2014.
We analyze the CRN Big Data 100 for insights into trends in the future of Big Data companies, including changes in database solutions, active regions, and what industries are undergoing the most change right now.
- The Impact Cycle – how to think of actionable insights - Jun 29, 2014.
The IMPACT Cycle provides a guiding framework for thinking about the steps for being effective analytical consultant, and can be a tool to help you drive effectiveness through your analytical teams.
- Top stories for Jun 22-28 - Jun 29, 2014.
Does Deep Learning Have Deep Flaws? What is Text Analytics? Data Science Skills and Business Problems; CRN 50 Emerging Big Data Vendors.
- New Beginnings in Facial Recognition - Jun 28, 2014.
Developments in neural networks and deep learning are bringing great improvements in facial recognition, which could have exciting (and scary) applications on platforms like Google Glass.
- Do you need a Masters Degree to become a Data Scientist? - Jun 27, 2014.
Leading analytics experts answer the question: "Do you need a Masters Degree to become a Data Scientist?" Read practical tips and interesting commentary.
- Interview: Samaneh Moghaddam, Applied Researcher, eBay on Opinion Mining – Typical Projects and Major Challenges - Jun 27, 2014.
We discuss typical sentiment analysis problems at eBay, underrated challenges, career motivation, important soft skills and more.
- Interview: Ingo Mierswa, RapidMiner CEO on “Predaction” and Key Turning Points - Jun 27, 2014.
RapidMiner CEO Ingo Mierswa talks about "predaction", reasons for RapidMiner popularity, business source model, analytics to investigate fraud, key turning points, and more.
- Data Science Skills and Business Problems - Jun 27, 2014.
Discover what skills a data scientist benefits from learning and how the concept of a data scientist, and what businesses expect of them, has developed over time.
- Book: Win With Advanced Business Analytics - Jun 26, 2014.
Written for the non-technical professional, this definitive guide shows you how to gain the most opportunity and value from every type of advanced business analytics.
- Menthal – Access Rich Smartphone Dataset - Jun 26, 2014.
Menthal projects studies smartphone habits and depression, and has an App which collects smartphone interactions and gives user a feedback. Researchers are invited to analyze a large set of volunteered data by visiting Bonn, Germany.
- Interview: Samaneh Moghaddam, Applied Researcher, eBay on Aspect-based Opinion Mining - Jun 26, 2014.
We discuss aspect-based opinion mining, major challenges, cold start items, the need for accurate opinion mining models for cold start items and how factorized LDA can be leveraged.
- CRN 50 Emerging Big Data Vendors - Jun 26, 2014.
We examine CRN top 50 Emerging Big Data Vendors, with 65% located in Silicon Valley. The prototypical company is located in San Francisco and develops software for Hadoop analytics platform. Competition will be tough!
- Domino – A Platform For Modern Data Analysis - Jun 26, 2014.
Tools that facilitate data science best practices have not yet matured to match their counterparts in the world of software engineering. Domino is a platform built from the ground up to fill in these gaps and accelerate modern analytical workflows.
- CRN 25 Big Data Management Companies - Jun 26, 2014.
We examine top 25 Big Data Management companies, part of CRN Big Data 100, including Actian, Couchbase, and MemSQL. A large fraction of these companies develop NoSQL solutions.
- XLMiner solves Big Data Problems in Excel - Jun 26, 2014.
XLMiner, a part of Analytic Solver Platform integrated software for predictive and prescriptive analytics - forecasting, data mining, optimization and simulation, lets you solve small or Big Data problems in Excel.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 23-24: Machine learning in the cloud: Microsoft Azure; Understanding Data Distribution - Jun 25, 2014.
Machine learning in the cloud: the brains behind Microsoft Azure; Understanding Data Distribution - key first step in analyzing a new data set; Mapmaking for R Programmers - an introduction. What is Text Analytics?
- CRN 50 Big Data Business Analytics Companies - Jun 25, 2014.
We examine CRN top 50 Big Data Business Analytics companies. They are younger (average age is 10), and 44% are founded since 2010.
- KDnuggets 14:n16, Does Deep Learning have deep flaws? New poll: Largest dataset analyzed? - Jun 25, 2014.
KDnuggets analytics, data mining, and data science stories, including Features, Software, Opinions, News, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings and Reports, Jobs, Academic, Tweets, CFP, and Quote.
- Analytics 2014 Conference – Oct 20-21, Las Vegas - Jun 24, 2014.
Analytics 2014 features four keynote speakers and more than 40 breakout sessions on hot topics like visual analytics, social media analytics, predictive modeling, and much more! Register by Aug 1 to get the early rates.
- PAW: Predictive Analytics World Boston, Oct 5-9 - Jun 24, 2014.
Tired of using old predictive modeling tools? Hear the Chief Scientist at Mail Chimp discuss his experience building successful models and what it means to "lead from the back" in predictive modeling.
- CRN 25 Big Data Infrastructure Companies - Jun 24, 2014.
We examine the top 25 Big Data Infrastructure companies, part of CRN Big Data 100, which includes Amazon, IBM, and Microsoft.
- Chief Data Officer Summit 2014 – Day 1 Highlights - Jun 24, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Data Governance experts from State of Colorado, IBM, Informatica and Sony Pictures Entertainment on day 1 of Chief Data Officer Summit 2014 in San Francisco, CA.
- What is Text Analytics? - Jun 24, 2014.
Anderson Analytics explains Text Analytics and the difference between First Generation approaches and Next Generation software OdinText.
- KDnuggets Twitter Follower 20,000 – Interview - Jun 23, 2014.
KDnuggets crosses a milestone of 20,000 Twitter followers. Number 20,000 is a PhD student in Data Mining in China. I ask her about research, data mining, Big Data market leaders in China, and more.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Jun 23 and beyond - Jun 23, 2014.
Reducing employee churn, Wolfram language, Rise of Machine Learning, Analytics with Hadoop, Social Media Analytics for Healthcare, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 20-22: Great visualization of English letters; Good list of R functions to manipulate data - Jun 23, 2014.
Great visualization: English letters in words; Good list of R functions to manipulate data; Watch: Practical Deep-Learning Lecture: Machine Perception and Applications; Wikipedia Usage Statistics - analyze this 4TB data set in AWS cloud.
- LION Resources for Teaching Machine Learning and Optimization - Jun 23, 2014.
A great collection of resources for "LION: Learning and Intelligent Optimization" textbook includes slides, tutorial movies, exercises, use cases, and LIONoso - an academic version of LIONsolver software.
- Top stories for Jun 15-21 - Jun 22, 2014.
Does Deep Learning Have Deep Flaws?; Cartoon: Big Data and World Cup Football; Optimizing the Netflix Experience with Data Science; The Cardinal Sin of Data Mining: Overfitting.
- KDD Partners with Bloomberg to Unleash Data - Jun 21, 2014.
Researchers will be able to engage with practitioners, policy makers and activists engaged in NGOs to explore opportunities to utilize data science in socially relevant application domains. Abstracts or other submissions due July 15.
- Data Visualization of Census Data with R - Jun 20, 2014.
This article shows step-by-step how to use R to access US Census Data, visualize it, and plot it on the map.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 18-19: Does Deep Learning Have Deep Flaws? Mode opens GitHub for data - Jun 20, 2014.
Does Deep Learning Have Deep Flaws? Mode Analytics opens 'GitHub for data'; Data Science Stack Exchange Q&A site. Big Data Analytics with Google Big Query and R.
- New Poll: Largest dataset analyzed / data mined? - Jun 19, 2014.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: What was the largest dataset you analyzed / data mined? The median answer in 2013 was 40-50 GB. Please vote and we will analyze and publish the trends.
- Optimizing the Netflix Streaming Experience with Data Science - Jun 19, 2014.
How Netflix uses data science and Big Data analytics to improve the Quality of streaming experience for its members.
- Does Deep Learning Have Deep Flaws? - Jun 19, 2014.
A recent study of neural networks found that for every correctly classified image, one can generate an "adversarial", visually indistinguishable image that will be misclassified. This suggests potential deep flaws in all neural networks, including possibly a human brain.
- The R User Conference, June 30 – July 3, Los Angeles - Jun 19, 2014.
The open source R language is a leading tool for data scientists. Attend useR! conference, the main annual event of the R community, June 30 - July 3, in Los Angeles.
- GraphLab Conference, Graph Analytics and Machine Learning, San Francisco July 21 - Jun 19, 2014.
GraphLab Conference (San Francisco, July 21) brings together experts in graph analytics, large scale machine learning, and data science from leading companies, academic institutions and organizations. Special KDnuggets discount.
- Summer School: Constraint Programming Data Mining, Sicily - Jun 18, 2014.
"Constraint Programming Meets Data Mining" is an upcoming summer school in Sicily providing intensive training in the state of the art in constraint solving, machine learning, and data mining.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 16-17: You cannot afford to ignore next #AI wave; 5 Companies doing #BigData Right - Jun 18, 2014.
You cannot afford to ignore next #AI wave - see early leaders; 5 Companies doing #BigData Right: Amazon, British Airways, eBay, Otto group, Netflix; Data Mining 200 years of Patents shows that invention is combinatorial; Cartoon: Big Data and World Cup Football.
- KDnuggets 14:n15, Analytics Software Poll – Analyzed; Cartoon: Big Data and World Cup - Jun 18, 2014.
Also Data Mining Cardinal Sin, KDnuggets Profile, CAP, and more analytics/data mining features, software, opinions, news, webcasts, courses, jobs, academic positions, publications, tweets, and CFP.
- IBM, SAS, SAP, Angoss Lead in Advanced Analytics – Hurwitz Report - Jun 17, 2014.
The Hurwitz Victory Index for Advanced Analytics looks at major trends and ranks top vendors - including IBM, SAS, SAP, Angoss, StatSoft, Revolution Analytics, RapidMiner, and Megaputer - across 4 key dimensions.
- KDnuggets Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Poll – Analyzed - Jun 17, 2014.
We analyze the results of KDnuggets Software Poll, including correlations between tools, and relationships between commercial, free, and Hadoop/Big Data tools. We identify a potential capability gap. Download anonymized data and analyze it yourself.
- Cartoon: Big Data and World Cup Football - Jun 17, 2014.
New KDnuggets Cartoon takes a fresh look on Big Data insights and World Cup 2014 in Soccer. What should a player do when Big Data predicts his behavior?
- INFORMS: CAP® Analytics Certification - Jun 17, 2014.
Maximize your analytics career with CAP(r) Analytics certification - show that you are well-qualified. Apply free of charge and take CAP exam at over 700 testing centers worldwide.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Jun 16 and beyond - Jun 16, 2014.
The Marriage of BI and Big Data, Unstructured Data on Hadoop, Future of Decision Making, Stopping employee churn, and more.
- Interview: Conal Sathi, Data Scientist, Slice on Creating Value from Mining Shoppers’ e-Receipts - Jun 16, 2014.
We discuss the relevance of "Purchase Graph", Slice platform, analytical insights from mining all activity around a customer's purchase, experimentation strategy, experience of working as a data scientist and more.
- NYU Data Science Program – Things to Know Part 2 - Jun 16, 2014.
NYU Data Science program reviewed from inside, including courses on Machine Learning, Big Data, Deep Learning, top professors, great NYC location, and future plans.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 13-15: Book: Data Classification: Algorithms and Applications - Jun 16, 2014.
Book: Data Classification: Algorithms and Applications; Top 10 Data Analysis Tools for Business; #BigData companies to watch selected by top analytics experts; The Cardinal Sin of Data Mining and Data Science: Overfitting.
- Top stories for Jun 8-14 - Jun 15, 2014.
KDnuggets 15th Annual Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Poll: RapidMiner Continues To Lead; Data Lakes vs Data Warehouses; The First Law of Data Science: Do Umbrellas Cause Rain? Huge Big Data Poster and Reference.
- Book: Data Classification: Algorithms and Applications - Jun 14, 2014.
This new book explores the underlying algorithms of classification and applications in text, multimedia, social network, biological data, and other domains. 25% off with KDnuggets discount.
- The Cardinal Sin of Data Mining and Data Science: Overfitting - Jun 14, 2014.
Overfitting leads to public losing trust in research findings, many of which turn out to be false. We examine some famous examples, "the decline effect", Miss America age, and suggest approaches for avoiding overfitting.
- NYU Data Science Program – Things to Know - Jun 13, 2014.
Inside summary of NYU Data Science program launched last year, what it is, and what makes it special.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 11-12: Huge Big Data poster; “Data science” misses half the equation - Jun 13, 2014.
Huge Big Data Poster and Reference; "Data science" misses half the equation: you also need "decision science"; Proposed ethical guidelines for Twitter data mining: clear objectives, protect anonymity; Great talk at Google! John Ioannidis on why most published research is wrong.
- The Algorithm that Runs the World Can Now Run More of It - Jun 13, 2014.
The most important algorithm, used for optimizing almost everything, is linear programming. New advances allow linear programming problems to be solved faster using the new commercial parallel simplex solver.
- Top 10 Data Analysis Tools for Business - Jun 13, 2014.
Ten free, easy-to-use, and powerful tools to help you analyze and visualize data, analyze social networks, do optimization, search more efficiently, and solve your data analysis problems.
- Huge Big Data Poster and Reference - Jun 12, 2014.
A really Big poster "Do You Know Big Data" includes: What it is, Leading tools, What is a Data Scientist, What questions should we ask of databases, Visual techniques, Statistical algorithms, Privacy, and more.
- YARN is All the Rage at Hadoop Summit 2014 - Jun 12, 2014.
Apache YARN, which enables much broader types of computations than MapReduce, is quickly becoming an integral part of Hadoop projects. We review best practices considerations for a YARN cluster.
- Profile: KDnuggets Serves Analytics and Big Data Fields - Jun 11, 2014.
A profile of KDnuggets, including an overview, history, and present highlights, is featured on the homepage of INFORMS, a major society for Analytics and Optimization (until June 23, 2014).
- Request: Apache UIMA Research Partnership in EU - Jun 11, 2014.
Looking for any EU university department currently working with Apache UIMA developing text analysis software, and interested in research partnership.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 9-10: Numeric Matrix Manipulation: Cheat Sheet; The First Law of Data Science - Jun 11, 2014.
Also - The First Law of Data Science: Do Umbrellas Cause Rain? ; Tell Your Kids to be Data Scientists - Not Doctors; DLib Library for Machine Learning
- Zipfian Academy 6-week Data Fellowship (Free) - Jun 11, 2014.
Zipfian Academy is offering a free 6-week data science fellowship to help build a robust skill set and connect with hiring partners. The program begins June 30.
- AlgoMost contest: Predicting future company acquisitions - Jun 11, 2014.
Develop an algorithm to predict which companies are most likely to be acquired in the current fiscal year.
- DLib: Library for Machine Learning - Jun 10, 2014.
DLib is an open source C++ library implementing a variety of machine learning algorithms, including classification, regression, clustering, data transformation, and structured prediction.
- Moving from Data-Rich to Decision-Smart: INFORMS Conference The Business of Big Data 2014 - Jun 10, 2014.
We interview the co-chairs of INFORMS Conference The Business of Big Data 2014 (June 22-24, 2014) on Big Data maturity, opportunities assessment, analytics for operations research, conference agenda and more.
- KDnuggets 14:n14, KDnuggets Analytics/Data Mining Poll Results; First Law of Data Science - Jun 10, 2014.
Also Datafication, US Open Data Plan, Kirk D. Borne, Raul Valdez-Perez and more interesting Interviews and Opinions, Analytics/Data mining Features, Software, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings and Reports, Jobs, Publications, Tweets, and CFP.
- The First Law of Data Science: Do Umbrellas Cause Rain? - Jun 9, 2014.
Michael Brodie on the first law of data science, the role of data curation in Big Data analysis, and Thomas Piketty economic theories.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Jun 9 and beyond - Jun 9, 2014.
Data Mining FTL, Analytically Speaking with Dan Ariely, Solr, Hadoop, Cloud BI, Employee Churn, and more.
- Interview: Lloyd Tabb, Chairman & CTO, Looker on Front-line Analytics and Data Democratization - Jun 9, 2014.
We discuss the capabilities of Looker, data democratization across organization, change in the tools being used by analytics-savvy business managers, front-line analytics, competitive landscape and more.
- May 2014 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Jun 9, 2014.
May 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: 40 events, including ExtraHop, Capptain, Datalogix, "Data Nation", 6Sense, Sumo Logic, DataPad, SeeWhy, Tamr, LiveRamp, and Adometry.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 6-8: Statistical-learning tutorial w. scikit-learn; Data science vs the hunch - Jun 9, 2014.
A tutorial on statistical learning with with scikit-learn ; Data science vs the hunch: When data contradicts manager gut instinct; Stanford University: Data Analyst ; Data Lakes vs Data Warehouses.
- Vendor-Neutral Hands-On Training in Data Mining [Denver-CO, July | Wash-DC, Sep] - Jun 9, 2014.
Successful analytics in the big data era does not start with data and software, but with immersive hands-on training and goal-driven strategy. Get this training from The Modeling Agency.
- PAW: Predictive Analytics World Boston, Oct 5-9 - Jun 8, 2014.
Join predictive analytics experts from leading organizations at Predictive Analytics World Boston (Oct 5-9, 2014) to increase your knowledge and get insights into the ever-evolving field of analytics. Get KDnuggets discount.
- Don Zereski, VP, Local Search & Discovery, HERE (Nokia) on Location Analytics and Architecture Evolution - Jun 8, 2014.
We discuss trends in location analytics, evolution of HERE's analytics architecture, infrastructure challenges, data governance and more.
- Top stories for Jun 1-7 - Jun 8, 2014.
New Poll: Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Used? OpenNN, An Open Source Library For Neural Networks; Data Lakes vs Data Warehouses; Stanford University: Data Analyst.
- KDnuggets 15th Annual Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Poll: RapidMiner Continues To Lead - Jun 7, 2014.
With over 3,000 data miners taking part in KDnuggets 15th Annual Software Poll, RapidMiner continues to lead. Free software is used much more outside US, and Hadoop usage grows fastest in Asia.
- Data Lakes vs Data Warehouses - Jun 7, 2014.
Data Warehouses, traditionally popular for business intelligence tasks, are being replaced by less-structured Data Lakes which allow more flexibility.
- Interview: Santhosh Adayikkoth, CEO, BigInfo Labs on Big Data perception and learning Big Data skills - Jun 7, 2014.
We discuss BigInfo Labs' future plans, Big Data perception at C-level in large firms, most effective ways to learn Big Data skills and more.
- Interview: Santhosh Adayikkoth, CEO, BigInfo Labs on Data Relevance and Intel Partnership - Jun 6, 2014.
We discuss BigInfo Labs, the concept of "Data Relevance" in Big Data, experience of partnership with Intel, and BigInfo Labs' strategy for competitive differentiation.
- Data Science Last Mile - Jun 6, 2014.
This post discusses the Data Science "Last Mile", the final work to take the discovered insights and deliver them a highly usable format or integrate into a specific application.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 4-5: “Practical Data Science with R” stands out; Top 5 cities for #BigData jobs - Jun 6, 2014.
How does "Practical Data Science with R" book stand out ? Top 5 cities for #BigData jobs: San Francisco, McLean, Boston, St. Louis, and Toronto; Big jump in #BigData applications, code built with Apache Spark ; 76 Startup Failure Post-Mortems.
- Exclusive: Raul Valdes-Perez on OnlyBoth, Scientific Discovery, Advice for Winners - Jun 5, 2014.
Our exclusive interview covers OnlyBoth and Vivisimo startups, Scientific Discovery, legendary Herbert A. Simon, venture capital, Big Data, advice for winners, and more.
- HR & Workforce Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 Chicago: Day 2 Highlights - Jun 5, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by HR leaders from Caterpillar, Coca-Cola, Pfizer, and Marriott International on day 2 of HR & Workforce Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 in Chicago.
- InnovAccer: Simplifying Research and Analysis - Jun 5, 2014.
Innovaccer cleans and prepares data for analysis by researchers to save time and improve confidence in the quality of the data.
- Big Data Assessment – Key Business Drivers, Expected Benefits and Common Challenges - Jun 5, 2014.
Recent survey on Big Data outlook reports increasing interest in Big Data for more accurate and timely decision-making; and concerns about project costs and ability to scale.
- Top stories in May: New Poll – Analytics, Data Mining Software; Data Science Cheat Sheets - Jun 5, 2014.
New Poll: Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Used? Guide to Data Science Cheat Sheets; Big Data Landscape, v 3.0, analyzed; Where to Learn Deep Learning.
- Big Data Strategy: Datafication - Jun 5, 2014.
Datafication of everything enables new ways of creating value and becoming more competitive. Oracle Big Data Strategist Paul Sonderegger explains.
- Jun-Oct 2014 Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science - Jun 4, 2014.
Coming soon: Big Data Innovation Summits, Useful Business Analytics, PAW and PAW-MFG in Chicago, GigaOM Structure, INFORMS Business of Big Data, MMDS, GraphLab Conference, TDWI World Conf in Boston, and KDD-2014 in NYC.
- INFORMS, Uniting Operations Research and Analytics - Jun 4, 2014.
INFORMS is a large professional association which started in operations research and management science. I discuss their evolution to analytics, CAP certification, Big Data and more.
- Webinar: Data Mining: Failure to Launch [June 11] - Jun 4, 2014.
Learn how to get started with predictive modeling and overcome strategic and tactical limitations that cause data mining projects to fall short of their potential. Next webinar is June 11.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 2-3: SAS vs R vs SPSS – Statistical Wars; RDataMining R Refcard for Data Mining - Jun 4, 2014.
SAS vs R vs SPSS - Statistical Language Wars - a giant infographic ; Very useful - R Refcard for Data Mining; Mind-boggling - The Internet in Real-Time - how quickly data is generated ; #BigData, Open Data, and Open Govt - Venn Diagram.
- Webcast – Analytically Speaking Featuring Michael Schrage - Jun 3, 2014.
MIT Research Fellow Michael Schrage helps you answer the key question for becoming a successful innovator. His insights will give you a new perspective on how to create value.
- Lynn Goldstein, Chief Data Officer, NYU on the Need for Data Governance - Jun 3, 2014.
We discuss the role of Data Governance, establishing Big Data accountability, impact of Data Governance on Data Quality, and assessing the education available for Data Governance.
- ICON Challenge on Forecasting and Scheduling - Jun 3, 2014.
ICON is a combined competition with both a machine learning component (predicting energy prices) and an scheduling component (using the predicted prices to schedule tasks on machines).
- HR & Workforce Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 Chicago: Day 1 Highlights - Jun 2, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by HR leaders from Wells Fargo, Sears Holdings, Johnson Controls, Trulia on day 1 of HR & Workforce Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 in Chicago.
- OpenNN, An Open Source Library For Neural Networks - Jun 2, 2014.
OpenNN is an open source class library written in C++ which implements neural networks, and runs on Windows, Apple, or Linux.
- Interview: Tom Kern, Risk Modeling Manager, Paychex on Risk Analytics and Sales Anticipation Model - Jun 2, 2014.
We discuss the role of Risk Analytics at Paychex, strategic importance of Sales Anticipation Model, optimizing business processes by leveraging Big Data, and advice for companies thinking about Big Data as well as aspiring students.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Jun 2 and beyond - Jun 2, 2014.
SQL-on-HaDOOP, BigML, ClearStory, Analytic Maturity with Dean Abbott and TIBCO, Just Enough Math, Analytically Speaking with Dan Ariely, Data Mining FTL, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 30 – Jun 1: Guide to Setting Up an R-Hadoop ; 100+ Interesting Data Sets - Jun 2, 2014.
Tutorial: Step-by-Step Guide to Setting Up an R - #Hadoop System; 100+ Interesting Data Sets for Statistics (and Data Science); #BigData sets available for free - big list from Data Science Central ; Twitter to release all tweets to scientists - a research boon and an ethical dilemma.
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in May - Jun 2, 2014.
ClearVu Analytics, OpenNN neural net library from Intelnics, QIWare, Vowpal Wabbit software for fast learning, Analytics Vidhya, 17 new Big Data meetings, companies, Latin American Data Science education, and more.
- Top stories for May 25-31 - Jun 1, 2014.
New Poll: Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Used? Where to Learn Deep Learning - Courses, Tutorials, Software; Interview: Martin Hack, CEO, Skytree on Industrializing Machine Learning for Big Data; Data Mining and Analysis: Fundamental Concepts and Algorithms.