2014 Jul Top Tweets
All (106) | Courses, Education (11) | Meetings (11) | News, Features (15) | Opinions, Interviews, Reports (40) | Publications (5) | Software (5) | Top Tweets (12) | Webcasts (7)
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 28-29: Data Scientists are among the highest-paid professions - Jul 30, 2014.
Data Scientists are among the highest-paid professions; Top countries with $1B Internet firms; Key paper on #DeepLearning: Dropout; KDnuggets Free Pass to Strata Conference + Hadoop World, New York.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 25-27 - Jul 28, 2014.
Does Apple slow down old iPhones when new ones are released? The Social Network of Alexander the Great; Kirk D. Borne - from data mining at NASA to teaching Data Science at GMU; Data for Good: data-driven projects for social good.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 23-24: 81% of retail firms gather #BigData, only 34% use analytics - Jul 25, 2014.
81% of retail firms gather #BigData, only 34% use analytics to drive pricing optimization; Google Brain project: Google is not really a search company. The Journal of Big Data has published its first articles - Hadoop, Mahout, Data; MLlib; Apache Spark component for machine learning.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 21-22 - Jul 23, 2014.
Microsoft: Data Scientist; Haskell Data Analysis Cookbook - A practical and concise guide; Large collection of papers on #Security and Machine Learning; Learn Data Science in 12 wks + career coaching.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 18-20: Baby steps in Learning Python; 7 Steps for Learning Data Mining - Jul 21, 2014.
Baby steps in learning #Python for data analysis; My 7 Steps for Learning Data Mining and Data Science - now in Techopedia; A good collection of #MachineLearning tools in #Python; Understanding Random Forests: From Theory to Practice - implementation.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 16-17: An awesome list of Big Data frameworks - Jul 18, 2014.
An awesome GitHub list of #BigData frameworks, resources, and more; 15 interviews with 15 data scientists; 14 definitions of data scientist, from funny to serious; Revised standards for statistical evidence.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 14-15: 5 R training programs; Making sense of text analytics - Jul 16, 2014.
Top 10 KDnuggets tweets, July 14-15: 5 R training programs; Making sense of text analytics; Watch: Machine Learning Summer School Pittsburgh 2014; US "Data Scientist" average salary up over 10%, to $112K.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 11-13: Avoid Dilbert “core competency”; You may never be anonymous in a #BigData world - Jul 14, 2014.
Avoid automating things that you should not be doing; You may never be truly anonymous in a #BigData world; Why Argentina could not win the #WorldCup2014 cleanly? The OpenCPU System, a big step towards a universal interface for #BigData.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 7-10: IBM #Watson Swear Filter; How Birth Year Influences Political Views - Jul 13, 2014.
Appropriate after #BrazilvsGermany - IBM #Watson gets a Swear Filter; How Birth Year Influences Political Views; Analytics methods that "think" like Humans; Why lists of experts in Statistics, Data Science rarely intersect.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 4-6: Cartoon: Facebook Data Science and happy cats; plyrmr makes R work seamlessly with Hadoop - Jul 8, 2014.
KDnuggets Cartoon examines happy kittens and Facebook emotion manipulation data science experiment; plyrmr package for making R work seamlessly with Hadoop; Useful for #DataScience: Simple script from setting up R, Git, and Jags on Amazon EC2; How companies use R to compete.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 2-3: Tutorial in Gradient boosting; Data Analytics, #BigData Experts to follow - Jul 4, 2014.
For advanced Data Scientists: Tutorial in Gradient boosting machines; 33 most notable Data Scientists on Twitter; Leada, Berkeley-based startup, offers a platform to Practice Data Science.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 30 – Jul 1: Is “Data Scientist” more than “Data Analyst”? Good list of 41 Big Data Influencers - Jul 2, 2014.
Is "Data Scientist" more than "Data Analyst"? ; 41 Big Data Influencers - Journalists, Public Sector, Industry, Academia; Alteryx and Databricks to lead development of Apache SparkR ; Top data mining researcher @Jure Leskovec lecture on Webgraph structure.