Get Started in Text Analytics
Text analytics / text mining is the natural extension of predictive analytics and has wide applications in marketing, business, and many industries. Learn text analytics with Statistics.com online program that starts Feb 6.
The Text Analytics Sequence at Statistics.com
Text analytics or text mining is the natural extension of predictive analytics, and Statistics.com's online text analytics program starts Feb. 6. Text analytics is now ubiquitous and yields insight in:
- Marketing: Voice of the customer, social media analysis, churn analysis, market research, survey analysis
- Business: Competitive intelligence, document categorization, human resources (voice of the employee), records retention, risk analysis, website faceted navigation
- Industry specific: Fraud detection, e-discovery, warranty analysis, medical analytics research
Are you prepared? You may already have the machine learning and python skills needed for text analytics; if not you can learn them in: (all courses online)
- Predictive Analytics (October 24, 2014), and
- Introduction to Python for Analytics (January 9, 2015)
1: Text Mining (February 6, 2015)
Learn to pilot, implement or analyze data mining methods aimed at data containing unstructured text (forms, surveys, etc.).
2: Natural Language Processing (March 6, 2015)
Introduction to the algorithms, techniques and software used in natural language processing (NLP)
3: Natural Language Processing Using NLTK (April 10, 2015)
Introduce natural language processing (NLP) processes into your projects and software applications. NLTK provides cutting edge linguistic and machine learning tools that are on par with traditional NLP frameworks and allows you to quickly and easily analyze text data in larger applications.
4: Sentiment Analysis (May 8, 2015)
Introduction to the algorithms, techniques and software used in sentiment analysis, illustrated by reference to existing applications, particularly product reviews and opinion mining.