2014 Oct Top Tweets
All (105) | Courses, Education (6) | Meetings (11) | News, Features (25) | Opinions, Interviews, Reports (24) | Publications (7) | Software (8) | Top Tweets (14) | Webcasts (10)
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 29-30: If you can’t code, you can’t be a data scientist; 13 Machine Learning Books - Oct 31, 2014.
The #strataconf debate: If You Can't Code, You Can't Be a Data Scientist; 13 Machine Learning Books recommended by Berkeley machine learning expert; Data Blending for Dummies - free ebook from Alteryx; Data Science 2.0, upcoming book from Vincent Granville.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 27-28: Twitter Breakout detection in the wild; Marc Andreessen on #BigData and finance - Oct 29, 2014.
Dilbert on inability of designers predict results of A/B tests; Marc Andreessen @pmarc, web pioneer, VC @a16z on #BigData, upending finance; Will Deep Learning take over Machine Learning, make other algorithms obsolete?;.@WillJHenry @data_nerd @KirkDBorne Data Scientists don't wear bowties!
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 24-26: Why Deep Learning is likely to make other Machine Learning algorithms obsolete - Oct 27, 2014.
Why Deep Learning is likely to make other Machine Learning algorithms obsolete; Open Source Distributed Analytics Engine with SQL interface; Data Mining Reveals How News Coverage Varies Around the World; 3 Great (and Free) Data Science Books You Can Read Now.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 22-23: Baidu revenue jumps after Deep Learning use; Great viz: chess piece survival - Oct 24, 2014.
Great viz: chances of survival of #chess pieces in average game; Baidu, 'Chinese Google', had big revenue jump after it started using Deep Learning; 4 ways to become a Data Scientist w/out a PhD; Machine-Learning expert Michael Jordan on the Delusions of #BigData.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 20-21: 4 ways to become a Data Scientist w/out a PhD; Ebola and Data Science Lessons - Oct 22, 2014.
4 ways to become a Data Scientist w/out getting a PhD; Ebola Analytics and Data Science Lessons; Apple: Data Analyst; How to Be a Data Scientist: An Interview with Dr. Pete Meyers of Moz.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 17-19: Air traffic analyzed to predict Ebola spread; Cool public data for data science - Oct 20, 2014.
Air traffic data analyzed to predict Ebola spread; Some cool public data sources you can use for your next data science project; Data science can't be point and click ! Finding random correlation is too easy; Bayes Rule in an animated gif.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 15-16: STOP and THINK cartoon; Math Model predicts Ebola to burn out in December - Oct 17, 2014.
STOP and THINK, sometimes the simplest caption is the best; This model tracks Ebola outbreak well so far, predicts Ebola to burn out in December; BAH launches online course "Explore Data Science"; Watch: R wizard Hadley Wickham dplyr tutorial at useR! 2014 conf.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 13-14: Data mining classics: Classifying Shakespearean Drama - Oct 15, 2014.
Also - The Open Source Data Science MS Curriculum: UW/Coursera + Harvard ; Statistical Modeling vs Machine Learning - mapping the terms and concepts; Very useful! Python 2.7 Quick Reference Sheet.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 10-12: 7 Most Data Rich Companies in the World - Oct 13, 2014.
7 Most Data Rich Companies in the World; R and #DataScience Webinar slides - status, why, code examples; Another list of 200+ #BigData thought leaders to follow on Twitter; Popular #BigData predictive apps and APIs.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 8-9: Clinical data determines only 10% of health; Kaggle hero 100-line Python code - Oct 10, 2014.
IBM #Watson presentation: Clinical data determines only 10% of health; A @Kaggle hero 100-line Python code for online logistic regression; The Winner of Kaggle Criteo Data Science on his Odyssey; For Data Viz lovers: Keynote by Tableau CEO Christian Chabot on "Art of Analytics".
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 6-7: Great TED talk by @KnCukier “Big Data is better data”; Top 10 One-Person Startups - Oct 8, 2014.
Great TED talk by @KnCukier "Big Data is better data"; Top 10 One-Person Startups; 7 critical elements of effective dashboards and visualizations; Making Sense of Public Data - Wrangling Jeopardy.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 3-5: Best Programming Languages for Machine Learning; Analyzing Ebola - Oct 6, 2014.
Best Programming Language for Machine Learning: R, Python, MATLAB - when yo use what; Analyzing Ebola - Is it spreading at exponential rate?; 31,000 people/hour are joining the new private social network Ello; Booking: Data Scientist.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 1-2: R wizard Hadley Wickham “Advanced R” book online - Oct 3, 2014.
R wizard Hadley Wickham "Advanced R" book online; IPython Interactive Computing and Visualization Cookbook; Mirador, a tool for visual exploration of complex datasets; The End of the (Human) Data Scientist Bubble?
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 29-30: Machine learning #cheatsheet; Can you find McDonald faster than a computer? - Oct 1, 2014.
Machine learning #cheatsheet on github; Great list of resources on Cloud Computing, #BigData; Excellent (but scary) demo: Can you find the nearest McDonald faster than a computer? Top 10 presentations about data science / #BigData on SlideShare.