BabelNet 3.0, Large Multilingual Dictionary and Semantic Network
BabelNet 3.0 covers 271 languages, and offers brand-new user interface, Improved accuracy of seamless integration of WordNet, Open Multilingual WordNet, Wikipedia, OmegaWiki, Wikidata and Wiktionary, around 2 billion RDF triples available via a public SPARQL endpoint.
We are proud to announce the release of BabelNet 3.0, a project funded by the European Research Council (ERC) and headed by prof. Roberto Navigli at the Sapienza University of Rome.
BabelNet is a very large multilingual encyclopedic dictionary and semantic network created by means of the seamless integration of the largest multilingual Web encyclopedia - i.e., Wikipedia - with the most popular computational lexicon of English - i.e., WordNet, and other lexical resources such as Wiktionary, OmegaWiki, Wikidata, and the Open Multilingual WordNet. The integration is performed via an automatic linking algorithm and by filling in lexical gaps with the aid of Machine Translation. The result is an encyclopedic dictionary that provides Babel synsets, i.e., concepts and named entities lexicalized in many languages and connected with large amounts of semantic relations.
Version 3.0 comes with the following features:
- Brand-new user interface babelnet.org
- New RESTful API available via the BabelNet 3.0 beta program babelnet.org/download (open until January 31st, 2015, of particular interest to institutions and companies)
- 271 languages now covered!
- Improved accuracy of our seamless integration of WordNet, Open Multilingual WordNet, Wikipedia, OmegaWiki, Wikidata, Wiktionary
- 13.7M Babel synsets
- 117M Babel senses
- 40.3M textual definitions
- 354M semantic relations
- Fully taxonomized thanks to the seamless integration of our Wikipedia Bitaxonomy wibitaxonomy.org
- 10M synset-associated images
- Around 2 billion RDF triples available via a public SPARQL endpoint (babelnet.org/rdf, available before Christmas)
More statistics are available at: babelnet.org/stats
The BabelNet team
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|