IEEE ICDM 2015 Call for Data Mining Contest/Competition Proposals, due Mar 29
We invite proposals for the ICDM 2015 Data Mining Contest, which is an integral part of the IEEE ICDM conference and provides an opportunity for teams of scientists and domain experts to compete in order to develop data mining techniques for real-world applications.
IEEE ICDM 2015, The IEEE International Conference on Data Mining, will be held Nov 14-17, 2015 in Atlantic City, NJ, USA.
We invite proposals for organizers of the ICDM 2015 Data Mining Contest. The Data Mining Contest is an integral part of the IEEE ICDM conference and provides an opportunity for teams of scientists and domain experts to compete in order to develop data mining techniques for real-world applications.
Proposals should contain the following information.
- Contest title and abstract
- Contact information for the organizer(s)
- General description of the problem
- Description of the dataset to be used
- Description of the specific competition tasks
- Evaluation metrics or tool to be used for evaluation
- Plans for contest web site (e.g., www.kaggle.com, https://c3.ndc.nasa.gov/dashlink, other)
- Prize structure
- Short biography of organizer(s)
- Description of compensation (if any) that could be awarded to winners (organizers are encouraged to solicit awards and prizes from sponsoring entities)
- The dataset must be interesting, available, and large.
- The task(s) must be interesting and accessible to practitioners without domain knowledge.
- The evaluation measures must be well-defined.
- The top contestants must be required to present a paper on their solution at ICDM'15.
- The contest timeline must adhere to the dates below.
- All submissions should sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
Journal Special Issue
The organizers will also have an option to organize a special issue on the ICDM contest in the Statistical Analysis and Data Mining journal.
This option is tentative since it will depend on the number and the quality of the contest submissions. If the organizers plan to organize the special issue, it should be clearly indicated in the contest proposal.
- Mar 29: Deadline for submitting proposals for contests
- Apr 20: Results announced
- May 18: Contest begins
- Aug 31: Contest ends
- Sep 07: 2-3 page report from each team
- Sep 14: camera-ready reports from selected teams.
ICDM Contest Co-Chairs
Takashi Washio (Osaka Univ.) and Chandan Reddy (Wayne State Univ.)
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|