Forrester Wave(tm) Big Data Predictive Analytics 2015: Gainers and Losers
Tags: Alpine, Alteryx, Angoss, FICO, Forrester, IBM, Knime, Mike Gualtieri, Oracle, Predictive Analytics, RapidMiner, SAP, SAS
IBM, SAS, and SAP lead in Forrester Wave(tm) Big Data Predictive Analytics Solutions for Q2, 2015. We compare with a previous Forrester Wave for 2013 and examine gainers and losers.
The Forrester Wave™: Big Data Predictive Analytics Solutions, Q1 2013
The 2013 leaders were: SAS, IBM, and SAP.
The 2013 Strong Performers were: TIBCO, Oracle, StatSoft, and KXEN.
The 2013 Contenders were: Angoss, Revolution Analytics, and Salford Systems.
Below we overlayed 2013 and 2015 reports and examine who gained and lost.
The Forrester Wave(tm): Big Data Predictive Analytics Solutions,
Q2 2015 vs Q1 2013.
Only 5 companies appeared in both Forrester reports: IBM, SAS, SAP, Oracle, Angoss.
Three showed gains in 2015 Wave ranking:
- IBM, got slightly ahead of SAS in the Leaders area
- SAP, improved its position with SAP HANA success and KXEN acquisition
- Angoss, moved from Contender to Strong Performer
SAS remained in the leader position (although overtaken by IBM). Oracle also kept its position.
Over half (7 out of 13) firms are new in 2015: Alpine Data Labs, Alteryx, Dell (replacing StatSoft), FICO, KNIME, Predixion Software, RapidMiner.
Five firms were in 2013 report but absent in 2015:
- KXEN (bought by SAP)
- Revolution Analytics (acquired by Microsoft),
- Salford Systems
- StatSoft (bought by Dell, which replaced it in 2015 Wave)
- TIBCO Software
Finally, comparing Gartner 2015 Magic Quadrant and Forrester Wave 2015 Big Data Predictive Analytics Solutions, we note:
- SAS and IBM are leaders in both (although in different order)
- Alteryx, Alpine Data Labs, Dell, Microsoft, RapidMiner, KNIME, SAP, appear in strong position in both rankings.
- Predixion Software, FICO are also ranked by both companies.
Gartner omits Oracle, while Forrester omits TIBCO software, Salford Systems, and Prognoz.
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|