2015 Apr Publications
All (122) | Courses, Education (9) | Meetings (11) | News, Features (19) | Opinions, Interviews, Reports (44) | Publications (14) | Software (11) | Top Tweets (5) | Webcasts (9)
- Download IKANOW’s “Beyond the Kill Chain” eBook - Apr 30, 2015.
A complete security platform, powered by business intelligence, lets CISOs go beyond the kill chain, and manage risks, not just react to intrusions - download free ebook.
- Closer Look: Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery Journal - Apr 29, 2015.
Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery Journal has a new EIC, has high impact factor, and allows researchers to publish open access.
- On the Shelf: Data Science Books - Apr 28, 2015.
Here are some great books About Data Science, Data Science for Businesses, Data Science in Popular Culture, Data Science How Tos & Manuals, and more - brought to you by UC Berkeley online Master of Information and Data Science.
- Data Mining: New Comprehensive Textbook by Charu Aggarwal - Apr 23, 2015.
This comprehensive data mining textbook explores the different aspects of data mining, from basics to advanced, and their applications, and may be used for both introductory and advanced data mining courses.
- Map of the Complexity Sciences – from von Neumann & Kolmogorov to Hofstadter and Piatetsky-Shapiro (?) - Apr 21, 2015.
A map of the Complexity Sciences traces its intellectual heritage from Isaac Newton and Henri Poincare to John von Neumann, Andrei Kolmogorov, and Duncan Watts, and includes an unexpectedly familiar name.
- The Imminent Future of Predictive Modeling - Apr 21, 2015.
Predictive modeling tools and services are undergoing an inevitable step-change which will free data scientists to focus on applications and insight, and result in more powerful and robust models than ever before. Amongst the key enabling technologies are new hugely scalable cross-validation frameworks, and meta-learning.
- Ventana Predictive Analytics Research, take part and get exclusive report - Apr 17, 2015.
Our partner Ventana Research is conducting research into the next generation of predictive analytics. Tell us about your analytics experience and methods and get Amazon certificate and also free report with findings and best practices.
- The State of the Text Analytics Industry – 2015 White Paper - Apr 16, 2015.
This free whitepaper gives the perspectives of industry experts from leading firms on the culture, benefits, challenges, data and technology currently impacting the text analytics market today.
- Domo: From Big Data to Big Decisions Infographic and BI Guide - Apr 15, 2015.
A new business intelligence guide by DOMO called From Big Data To Better Decisions details the growing importance of collecting, understanding, and applying data to make better decisions.
- UMass Amherst Big Data Report - Apr 13, 2015.
New report from UMass Amherst covers the strength of Massachusetts and UMass 5 campuses in Big Data and Data Science, and projects 120K Big Data related jobs in Mass by 2018.
- Wikibon Big Data Vendor Revenue and Market Forecast, 2020 - Apr 11, 2015.
Wikibon finds that Big Data market is maturing, with growth rate slowing from 60% in 2013 to 40% in 2014. Wikibon expects the Big Data market to top $61 billion in 2020.
- Women Analytics Book Authors – Meta List - Apr 6, 2015.
Meta Brown is mission to promote accomplished women in analytics - her catalog includes hundreds of women who published books on many analytics topics - useful for finding experts to present at your event, comment on an issue or work for you.
- Chapter Download from “Data Mining Techniques” (3rd edition) - Apr 2, 2015.
Download this chapter from "Data Mining Techniques" (3rd Edition), by Gordon Linoff and Michael Berry, and learn how to create derived variables, which allow the statistical modeling process to incorporate human insights.
- Hadoop as a Service: 18 Cloud Options - Apr 2, 2015.
Hadoop as a service in the cloud makes big data applications and projects easier to approach and these 18 platforms each provide their own unique solutions.