Best 5 minutes in Data Science, Season 1
Ingo Mierswa, Data Scientist and RapidMiner CEO, shares his thoughts about trends, challenges and opportunities in analytics and explains data science concepts in understandable and fun style, with help from a unicorn, a wizard, and other special guests.
Ingo Mierswa is a rare combination of a Data Scientist, a CEO, and an extrovert with a sense of humor.
I have enjoyed watching the recent RapidMiner series
5 Minutes With Ingo, where Ingo, usually helped by his friend Unicorn Data Scientist number 7, explains the basics of predictive analytics and data mining in a clear but entertaining style.
The 14 completed videos can be considered as season 1, and there are plans for a more advanced season 2. The average length of 14 videos is actually 7 minutes, but a couple minutes of each video is just playing with unicorns and other pets, so you indeed spend only 5 minutes with Ingo.
As a data scientist myself, I could not resist doing simple statistics on those videos
and the most popular ones are Understanding Support Vector Machines - below and Understanding K Nearest Neighbors Algorithms. Perhaps data scientists people love "Understanding ..." titles or may be those videos had an especially cute visitor? Judge for yourself.
The Season 1 videos cover these topics
- Challenges & Opportunities in Analytics
- Back To The Future
- Understanding K Nearest Neighbors Algorithms
- Overfitting & Outliers
- Calculating Training Errors
- Accelerating Analytics
- Cross Validation in Practice
- Understanding Support Vector Machines
- Making Sense of Text Analytics
- Decision Trees
- K Means Clustering
- Removing Uncertain Predictions
- Naive Bayes
- Interview: Ingo Mierswa, RapidMiner CEO on “Predaction” and Key Turning Points
- RapidMiner Resources: Educational Videos, Course
- Interview with Rapid-I Ingo Mierswa and Simon Fischer, 2011
- Interview with RapidMiner's Ingo Mierswa, Ralf Klinkenberg, part 1, 2010
- Interview with RapidMiner's Ingo Mierswa, Ralf Klinkenberg, part 2, 2010
|Top Stories Past 30 Days|