2015 May Publications
All (110) | Courses, Education (5) | Meetings (8) | News, Features (22) | Opinions, Interviews, Reports (37) | Publications (8) | Software (6) | Top Tweets (4) | Tutorials, Overviews, How-Tos (9) | Webcasts (11)
- Insights from Data Science Handbook - May 28, 2015.
Here you can find perspective of lead data scientists on the definitions ranging from data science, metrics selection while solving a problem, work ethics, the art of storytelling and why data science is important in todays world.
- R vs Python, why each is better - May 19, 2015.
A report on a free-wheeling Australian meetup discussing "Why R is Better" and "Why Python is Better". What do you think?
- Most Viewed Data Mining Videos on YouTube - May 18, 2015.
The top Data Mining YouTube videos by those like Google and Revolution Analytics covers topics ranging from statistics in data mining to using R for data mining to data mining in sports.
- ebook: Learning Apache Mahout, Big Data Analytics - May 15, 2015.
Acquire practical skills in Big Data Analytics and explore data science with Apache Mahout with this comprehensive guide with numerous code examples and end-to-end case studies.
- ebook: Learning Apache Mahout Classification - May 15, 2015.
If you are a data scientist with Hadoop experience and interest in machine learning, this book is for you. Learn about different classification in Apache Mahout and build your own classifiers.
- Data Science for Workforce Optimization: Reducing Employee Attrition - May 15, 2015.
Predictive analytics is growing its reach, see how it is affecting workforce analytics domain. In this presentation Pasha Roberts explains what is in it for students, managers and practitioners.
- Most Viewed Big Data Videos on YouTube - May 9, 2015.
The top Big Data YouTube videos by those like Hortonworks and Kirk D. Borne cover diverse topics including Hadoop, Big Data Trends, Deep Learning, and Big Data Leadership.
- Best 5 minutes in Data Science, Season 1 - May 6, 2015.
Ingo Mierswa, Data Scientist and RapidMiner CEO, shares his thoughts about trends, challenges and opportunities in analytics and explains data science concepts in understandable and fun style, with help from a unicorn, a wizard, and other special guests.