2015 Aug News, Features
All (97) | Courses, Education (10) | Meetings (13) | News, Features (18) | Opinions, Interviews, Reports (27) | Publications (5) | Software (3) | Top Tweets (4) | Tutorials, Overviews, How-Tos (7) | Webcasts (10)
- KDnuggets part-time internship in Data Science, Data Journalism
- Aug 31, 2015.
Looking for graduate students in Analytics/Data Science or related topics for a part-time (10-15 hrs/week) paid internship.
- Top stories for Aug 23-29: How to become a Data Scientist for Free; Big Data is Out, Machine Learning is in
- Aug 30, 2015.
How to become a Data Scientist for Free; Gartner 2015 Hype Cycle: Big Data is Out, Machine Learning is in; YCML Machine Learning library.
- Systematic Fraud Detection Through Automated Data Analytics in MATLAB
- Aug 27, 2015.
Fraud detection is one of the most challenging use case considering the number of factors it depend on. Here, we demonstrate how using hedge fund data in MATLAB you can automate the process of acquiring and analyzing fraud detection data.
- Business Analytics & Business Intelligence Online Certificates & Degrees
- Aug 25, 2015.
Here's a comprehensive list of Online graduate degrees and certificate programs in Business Analytics and Business Intelligence along with their curriculum & program costs. Most of these programs also have partnerships with industry certifications by market leaders.
- Top stories for Aug 16-22: Computing Challenge: read a document, load database; Paradoxes of Data Science
- Aug 23, 2015.
Data Science and Machine Learning Cheat Sheets; R vs Python for Data Science; Cognitive Computing Challenge: read a document, load database; Paradoxes of Data Science.
- New Poll: How long did you stay at your analytics/data science job?
- Aug 21, 2015.
Please vote: How long did you stay at your PREVIOUS analytics/data science job/position and how long to you expect to stay at your current one?
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, July: Visual Intro to Machine Learning, Google new patent controversy, Deep Learning and famous art
- Aug 20, 2015.
A Visual Introduction to Machine Learning, Why Google's new patent applications are alarming, Art with Google's Inceptionism code, Google Photo's algorithm gone wrong and a Neural network tutorial made it to the top this month!
- HeroX Cognitive Computing Challenge: read a document, load database with results
- Aug 19, 2015.
HeroX launched the Cognitive Computing Challenge – a $200,000 USD incentive prize to build a cognitive system that can read a document, then accurately load a database with what it finds.
- Poll Results: Where is Big Data? For most, Largest Dataset Analyzed is in laptop-size GB range
- Aug 18, 2015.
A majority of data scientists (56%) work in Gigabyte dataset range. We note a small increase in Petabyte (web-scale) data miners, and a decline in Megabyte data miners. US, Australia/NZ, and Asia lead in percentage of Terabyte and Petabyte analysts.
- Top stories for Aug 9-15: Data Science, Analytics Online Degrees/Certificates; Top influencers in Big Data, Data Science
- Aug 16, 2015.
Data Science, Analytics, & Data Mining Online Degrees and Certificates; Key topics, top influencers in Big Data, Data Science; Overcoming Overfitting with the reusable holdout algorithm; 3 Key Components of a Successful Data Science Team.
- July 2015 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity
- Aug 14, 2015.
July 2015 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Quid, Oil/Gas, Palantir, Civis Analytics, KyvosInsights, AI Safety, Cybersecurity, and more.
- RightRelevance helps find key topics, top influencers in Big Data, Data Science, and Beyond
- Aug 11, 2015.
RightRelevance leverages the social web to find key topics and top influencers in many areas, from Big Data to emergency medicine. We use it to identify top influencers in Big Data, Data Science, and Data Mining.
- Top July stories: 50+ Data Science and Machine Learning Cheat Sheets; Deep Learning and the Triumph of Empiricism
- Aug 11, 2015.
50+ Data Science and Machine Learning Cheat Sheets; Deep Learning and the Triumph of Empiricism; Can deep learning help find the perfect date? Impact of IoT on Big Data Landscape.
- Top stories for Aug 2-8: Data is Ugly – Tales of Data Cleaning; Cartoon: Big Data and the dog question
- Aug 9, 2015.
R vs Python for Data Science; Data is Ugly - Tales of Data Cleaning; Cartoon: Big Data and the dog question; New Standard Methodology for Analytical Models; Why SQL on Hadoop is a Bad Idea.
- New Poll: Largest Dataset Analyzed/Data Mined?
- Aug 4, 2015.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: What was the largest dataset you analyzed / data mined? Will Gigabyte range dominate for another year or will Big Data miners share increase?
- Speaking Opportunity: Predictive Analytics World for Workforce
- Aug 4, 2015.
PAW for the workforce has been getting traction in recent times, if you are amongst those people or companies who benefitted from it this is your chance to present your insights. We have also provided few examples in the domain.
- Cartoon: Big Data and the dog question
- Aug 3, 2015.
It used to be that nobody on the internet knew that I was a dog ... New KDnuggets cartoon examines the dog question in the era of Big Data.
- Top stories for Jul 26 – Aug 1: Impact of IoT on Big Data Landscape; Data Science, Machine Learning Cheat Sheets
- Aug 2, 2015.
Impact of IoT on Big Data Landscape; Data for Humanity: A Request for Support; Data Science and Machine Learning Cheat Sheets.