2015 Aug Tutorials, Overviews, How-Tos
All (97) | Courses, Education (10) | Meetings (13) | News, Features (18) | Opinions, Interviews, Reports (27) | Publications (5) | Software (3) | Top Tweets (4) | Tutorials, Overviews, How-Tos (7) | Webcasts (10)
- How To Build Compelling Stories From Your Data Sets - Aug 31, 2015.
Are you done with digging, slicing and aggregating those numbers, your job is not over yet. Presenting your findings is an art itself, find out how by means of visualization you can achieve this.
- A Beginner’s Guide to SQL - Aug 27, 2015.
SQL is one of the core skills of a data engineer and data scientist. This mini-tutorial explains the four fundamental SQL functions: Create, Read, Update, and Delete using a fun example of movie quotes database.
- Learn to Map Census Data in R – free email course - Aug 19, 2015.
The course, split into 5 lessons, is designed to teach people how to easily make beautiful and informative maps of US demographics. People start with US State maps and progress to county and zip code maps.
- Apache Drill Makes Big Data Analysis Easier for Everyone - Aug 18, 2015.
Apache Drill is an open source query engine that provides interactive and secure SQL analytics at the scale of petabytes. Provides data querying and exploring capabilities from varied NoSQL databases and file formats.
- Big Idea To Avoid Overfitting: Reusable Holdout to Preserve Validity in Adaptive Data Analysis - Aug 17, 2015.
Big Data makes it all too easy find spurious "patterns" in data. A new approach helps avoid overfitting by using 2 key ideas: validation should not reveal any information about the holdout data, and adding of a small amount of noise to any validation result.
- Understanding Basic Concepts and Dispersion - Aug 10, 2015.
In analytics it is a common practice to understand the basic statistical properties of its variables viz. range, mean and deviation. Centrality measures are the most important to them, explore how to use these measures.
- Statistics – Understanding the Levels of Measurement - Aug 6, 2015.
For doing statistics or analytics it is first step to understand the variables. Moreover, it is important that one truly knows which measure to take with different available types.