30 Can’t miss Harvard Business Review articles on Data Science, Big Data and Analytics
Here are 30 Harvard Business Review (HBR) articles on big data, data science and analytics that provide insights about the latest technology and happenings in the world of data.
- You May Not Need Big Data After All
by Jeanne W. Ross, Cynthia M. Beath and Anne Quaadgras (Dec 2013)
Companies are investing like crazy in data scientists, data warehouses, and data analytics software. Should they channelize their efforts?
- Big Data Hype (and Reality) by Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro (Oct 2012)
Does your big data have big impact? The potential of “big data” has been receiving tremendous attention lately. The author analyzes using practical scenarios.
- With Big Data Comes Big Responsibility
by Harvard Business Review Staff (Nov 2014)
An interview with Alex “Sandy” Pentland, the Toshiba Professor of Media Arts and Sciences at MIT who talks about the principles " A New Deal on data".
- Inventory Management in the Age of Big Data by Morris A. Cohen (Jun 2015)
Managers will need to redesign their supply-chain processes to make effective use of new data to stay competitive.
- Why Health Care May Finally Be Ready for Big Data by Nilay D. Shah and Jyotishman Pathak (Dec 2014)
Explore the key elements that are crucial for health care to truly capture the value of big data.
- What the Companies Winning at Big Data Do Differently
by Satya Ramaswamy(Jun 2013)
A brief analysis of Netflix success using consumer behavior data. How big data can change the structure of an industry by fundamentally shifting the power.
- Stop Worrying About Whether Machines Are “Intelligent”.
by JC Spender (Aug 2015)
Are we right to be afraid that the machines may take over? An interesting read about Turing's test and machine intelligence.
- Are You Data Driven? Take a Hard Look in the Mirror.
by Andrew McAfee and Erik Brynjolfsson (Oct 2012)
The term “data driven” is penetrating the lexicon ever more deeply these days. What are the traits?
- Marketers Flunk the Big Data Test
by Mick Collins (Apr 2015)
Marketing in particular is feeling the pressure to embrace new data-driven customer intelligence capabilities. Learn more about the key findings.