All (103) | Courses, Education (10) | Meetings (15) | News, Features (22) | Opinions, Interviews, Reports (24) | Publications (6) | Software (9) | Top Tweets (5) | Tutorials, Overviews, How-Tos (5) | Webcasts (7)
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 22-28: 8 Great Examples of Complex Data Viz; 2015 Data Science Salary Survey - Sep 30, 2015.
8 Great Examples of Complex #DataViz; @OReillyMedia 2015 #DataScience #Salary Survey - use the model to estimate your salary; The Master #Algorithm - new, excellent book by top #MachineLearning researcher Pedro Domingos.
- 30 Can’t miss Harvard Business Review articles on Data Science, Big Data and Analytics - Sep 30, 2015.
Here are 30 Harvard Business Review (HBR) articles on big data, data science and analytics that provide insights about the latest technology and happenings in the world of data.
- What Types of Questions Can Data Science Answer - Sep 29, 2015.
Data science has enabled us to solve complex and diverse problems by using machine learning and statistic algorithms. Here we have enumerated the common applications of supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning techniques
- Data Lake vs Data Warehouse: Key Differences - Sep 29, 2015.
We hear lot about the data lakes these days, and many are arguing that a data lake is same as a data warehouse. But in reality, they are both optimized for different purposes, and the goal is to use each one for what they were designed to do.
- BABELNET 3.5, Largest Multilingual Dictionary and Semantic Network - Sep 29, 2015.
BabelNet 3.5 covers 272 languages, and offers an improved user interface, new integrated resources of Wikiquote, VerbNet, Microsoft Terminology, GeoNames, WoNeF and ImageNet, and a very large knowledge base with over 380 million semantic relations.
- Dataiku Data Science Studio, now also runs on Apache Spark - Sep 29, 2015.
Dataiku Data Science Studio version 2.1 has many useful features for Data Scientists, including integration with Apache Spark.
- Topological Analysis and Machine Learning: Friends or Enemies? - Sep 29, 2015.
What is the interaction between Topological Data Analysis and Machine Learning ? A case study shows how TDA decomposition of the data space provides useful features for improving Machine Learning results.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Sep 29 and beyond - Sep 28, 2015.
Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science - Sep 29 and beyond, The Future of Data Warehousing, Secrets of Successful Analytics Leaders, and more.
- Interview: Michael Brodie – We Can’t Rely on Machines - Sep 28, 2015.
Michael Brodie, a leading database researcher, is convinced that Big Data has more potential than the hype suggests, but also more risks.
- Workforce Data Science: Does Talent Development Increase Performance Over Time? - Sep 28, 2015.
Large organizations spend millions on training, coaching, mentoring, re-training and competency development programs. Business ROI with these predictive projects is very significant, here we are sharing some of our findings as they may challenge some concepts we hold so closely.
- MOOC: “Process Mining: Data science in Action” repeats in Oct 2015 - Sep 28, 2015.
Due to the large success of the first two runs, this 6 week online course is repeated in October. The course provides data science knowledge that can be applied directly to analyze and improve processes in a variety of domains.
- Data Science of Process Mining – Understanding Complex Processes - Sep 28, 2015.
Process Mining is introduced and explained, including Its benefits for Data Science, and key resources for further exploring Process Mining, including videos, articles, and MOOCs.
- Strata NYC Live Streaming info and Expo Hall Plus passes - Sep 28, 2015.
Watch Strata NYC keynotes live streaming on Sep 30 and Oct 1 here; also last moment info on Expo passes.
- Top stories for Sep 20-26: 15 Mathematics MOOCs for Data Science; Support “Talking Machines” – best podcast on Machine Learning - Sep 27, 2015.
15 Mathematics MOOCs for Data Science; Support "Talking Machines" - the best podcast on Machine Learning, Data Science and AI; Spark SQL for Real Time Analytics - Part Two.
- Machine Learning Course. Learn to build solutions, Delft, Netherlands, 16-20 November - Sep 26, 2015.
This course provides you with practical step-by-step methodology to go beyond theory and learn how to create working Machine Learning solutions.
- Data Science Glossary - Sep 26, 2015.
Data architect shares an extensive data science glossary of terms from statistics , Data Science, and Machine Learning, from algorithm to vector space.
- The Master Algorithm – new book by top Machine Learning researcher Pedro Domingos - Sep 25, 2015.
Wonderfully erudite, humorous, and easy to read, the Master Algorithm by top Machine Learning researcher Pedro Domingos takes you on a journey to visit the 5 tribes of Machine Learning experts and helps you understand what the Master Algorithm can be.
- Harness the Power of Your Data, See Anaconda In Action at Strata NYC - Sep 25, 2015.
Team Anaconda will be at the Strata + Hadoop NYC, Sep 29 - Oct 1. See how Anaconda and other open source Python and R technologies can empower your data analytics with our demos, talks, and more.
- SFBayACM Silicon Valley Data Science Camp 2015 - Sep 24, 2015.
This is a great (almost free = $5) opportunity to learn about Data Science and connect with others. SF Bay ACM annual Data Science Camp combines keynote, optional tutorial, and sessions.
- Hadoop Maturity Survey: The Tipping Point - Sep 24, 2015.
AtScale first global Hadoop maturity survey finds Hadoop value greatly increases with nodes deployed; its use for ETL is frequently a transition stage to higher-value Data Science applications.
- Polyanalyst User Conference 2015, Oct 21-22, Bloomington, IN - Sep 24, 2015.
Join us for the 2015 PolyAnalyst User Conference, a two-day technical and cross-functional event discussing the significance and possibilities of data and text analytics.
- UC Berkeley: MS in Data Science Online - Sep 24, 2015.
UC Berkeley offers a Master of Information and Data Science online program which lets you to earn a degree without relocating or putting your career on hold.
- MLconf Industry Impact Student Research Award Sponsored by Google - Sep 23, 2015.
The award is for current PhD students or recent graduates whose research is deemed to be useful for solving the problems currently faced in industry. Nominations due Oct 25, 2015.
- O’Reilly Releases 2015 Data Science Salary Survey - Sep 23, 2015.
OReilly survey reveals the tools that successful data scientists and engineers use and how they relate to their salary. Get your copy of the Salary Survey.
- Opentext Data Driven Digest, Sep 18: Money and Finance - Sep 23, 2015.
Pacific Stock Exchange in San Francisco was created 133 years ago this week to serve businesses that struck rich mining for gold during the California Gold Rush. Nowadays, businesses mine for data hoping to strike it rich, using visualizations like the ones below.
- H2O World 50% off for 24 hours only – Open Source Machine Learning - Sep 23, 2015.
Join machine learning industry leaders, H2O customers, and community in a day of H2O training and two days of talks. 50% OFF valid for 24 hours only.
- Dissecting the Big Data Twitter Community through a Big data Lens - Sep 23, 2015.
Tweeter communities have activities: tweets, retweets, replies, and followers. Retweets graph is a good representation of actual connections in the network, their strengths, as well as the propagation of information through the network.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 15-21: Top Machine Learning researcher Pedro Domingos new book: The Master Algorithm - Sep 23, 2015.
Top Machine Learning researcher Pedro Domingos new book: The Master #Algorithm; #Dilbert brilliant take on Character; SentimentBuilder - Free Online Natural #Language Processing Tool.
- 15 Mathematics MOOCs for Data Science - Sep 23, 2015.
The essential mathematics necessary for Data Science can be acquired with these 15 MOOCs, with a strong emphasis on applied algebra & statistics.
- Spark SQL for Real Time Analytics – Part Two - Sep 22, 2015.
Apache Spark is the hottest topic in Big Data. Part 2 of this covers basic concepts of Stream Processing for Real Time Analytics and for the next frontier – Internet of Things (IoT).
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Sep 22 and beyond - Sep 22, 2015.
Forecasting With Predictive Analytics, BI Personas, Data Mining - Failure to Launch, Using Data from Hadoop to Improve Your Business, Workforce Analytics, and more.
- TMA Predictive Analytics Data Mining Training [San Jose, Dec 7-11] - Sep 21, 2015.
Successful analytics in the big data era does not start with data and software, but with hands-on, immersive training and goal-driven strategy - get it from The Modeling Agency in San Jose, Dec 3-4.
- Peer-to-Peer Event for Data Chiefs, BI, Analytics Leaders, Austin, Dec 7-9 – KDnuggets discount - Sep 21, 2015.
Data Analytic Leaders event facilitates meaningful connections of the smartest data leaders across industries, and helps you discover new and breakthrough best practices. KDnuggets discount.
- Zementis: Customer Analytics and Risk Management Webinar, Sep 29 - Sep 21, 2015.
IBM integrated Zementis predictive analytics software directly into IBM zEnterprise computing environment. Learn how this allows organizations to increase business agility, improve data governance and security, and reduce infrastructure cost and complexity.
- Support “Talking Machines” – the best podcast on Machine Learning, Data Science and AI - Sep 20, 2015.
Excitement, and worry, about ML, AI, and data science is at a fever pitch. It’s our responsibility to bring the conversation back to reality, and support the projects that do, or face another ‘winter’.
- Top stories for Sep 13-19: Trying to acquire Machine Learning Skills? Deep Learning and Artistic Style - Sep 20, 2015.
Trying to acquire Machine Learning Skills? Deep Learning and Artistic Style - Can art be quantified?; Free Books on Big Data, Data Science.
- Open Data Science West, San Francisco, Nov 13-14 - Sep 19, 2015.
Open Data Science West, Nov 13-14 San Francisco has a stellar line-up of speakers including Brian Granger, Anthony Goldbloom, Claudia Perlich, and over 50 talks and 20 workshops from Data Science experts. Save 15% from already low rates with ODSC-KDNG code.
- SentimentBuilder: Visual Analysis of Unstructured Texts - Sep 18, 2015.
Sankey diagrams are mainly used to visualize the flow of data on energy flows, material flow and trade-offs. SentimentBuilder found how to use them with unstructured text in their online NLP tool.
- Top 10 Quora Machine Learning Writers and Their Best Advice - Sep 18, 2015.
Top Quora machine learning writers give their advice on pursuing a career in the field, academic research, and selecting and using appropriate technologies.
- A New MOOC on Strategic Business Analytics - Sep 18, 2015.
Coursera and ESSEC Business School launch a MOOC on how to create value from data to solve business issue. It focuses on 4 sets of skills: analytics, IT, business, and communication.
- Data Science Data Logic - Sep 17, 2015.
Even though participating in MOOCs and online competitions are good exercises to learn data science, but it is more than algorithms and accuracies. Understand how to formulate hypothesis, data creation, sampling, validation, etc. to become true data scientist.
- Deep Learning and Artistic Style – Can art be quantified? - Sep 17, 2015.
We analyze the latest advance in Deep learning which teaches computers to paint in the style of different famous painters, from Van Gogh to Picasso. Is it really Art?
- Top 10 Quora Data Science Writers and Their Best Advice - Sep 17, 2015.
Top Quora data science writers give their advice on pursuing a career in the field, approaching interviews, and selecting appropriate technologies.
- Lavastorm Webinar: Using Data from Hadoop to Improve Your Business, Sep 24 - Sep 16, 2015.
Learn how to easily extract data from Hadoop, create a more comprehensive view of your business, and quickly turn business data into business insights.
- Exclusive Interview: Big Data and Data Science at UN - Sep 16, 2015.
We interview the UN Chief Information Technology Officer about how Big Data and Data Science can help solve world's problem. Check Unite Ideas crowdsourcing platform for data analytics challenges where you can help.
- Doing Data Science at Twitter - Sep 16, 2015.
Data scientist career exciting, fulfilling and multidimensional career path. Understand through the journey of a data scientist of twitter about data scientists roles, responsibilities and skills required to perform them.
- Are you trying to acquire Machine Learning Skills? - Sep 16, 2015.
Embarking on a journey through the lands of machine learning? Here are few important lessons like Feature Engineering, Model tuning, Overfitting, Ensembling etc. which you should keep in mind along the way.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 08-14: Dilbert brilliant take on Character; Free edX course: Data Science and Machine Learning - Sep 15, 2015.
Dilbert brilliant take on "Character is how you act when no one is watching"; Free edX Course: #DataScience & #MachineLearning, starts Sep 24; A New Approach for #DeepLearning Training in Unsupervised Learning; New Book: Fundamentals of Machine Learning for Predictive Data Analytics.
- Webinar: Data Mining: Failure to Launch [Sep 23] - Sep 15, 2015.
Learn how to get started with predictive modeling and overcome strategic and tactical limitations that cause data mining projects to fall short of their potential. Next webinar is Sep 23.
- New KDnuggets Homepage with 2 new dynamic sections - Sep 15, 2015.
New KDnuggets homepage includes 2 new dynamic sections, one which shows top stories from last week and second which shows latest stories in 5 different sections. Your suggestions for further improvement are welcome.
- The 123 Most Influential People in Data Science - Sep 15, 2015.
We used LittleBird algorithm to build a true Data Science influencer network by measuring how often influencers retweet other influencers. Top influencers include @hmason, @kdnuggets, @kaggle, @peteskomoroch, @mrogati, and @KirkDBorne.
- Building and Sharing R packages made easy with Anaconda - Sep 15, 2015.
"R Essentials" bundle comes with Jupyter, IRKernel, and over 80 of the most used R packages and dependencies for data science, and get Conda, the leading package manager for data science. Free Anaconda download.
- Opentext Data Driven Digest, Sep 11: Clouds - Sep 15, 2015.
Big Data Analytics is now available on the OpenText Cloud, which got us thinking about actual clouds – the kind up in the sky. Not surprisingly, there are countless great data visualizations related to clouds and weather, so it was tough to choose just three to share
- Data Science for Internet of Things – practitioner course - Sep 14, 2015.
Created by Data Science and IoT professionals, the course covers infrastructure (Hadoop – Spark), Programming / Modelling(R/Time series) and ioT. Course starts Nov 2015, delivered online, and will have limited participants.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Sep 15 and beyond - Sep 14, 2015.
Hadoop Guarantee, Best Practices of Data Science, Forecasting With Predictive Analytics, Data Mining - Failure to Launch, Using Data from Hadoop to Improve Your Business, and more.
- Network with the analytics community in Boston, Sep 27 – Oct 1 - Sep 14, 2015.
Join your peers, Sep 27 - Oct 1 in Boston, at the largest gathering of analytics professionals on the east coast. Use KDnuggets code KDN150 to save.
- Big Data Monetization Lessons from Zillow - Sep 14, 2015.
In the current tsunami of “Big Data” every business wants to get value out of the data. Here, we are sharing lessons learned by the new real estate websites who have brought together Big Data sets, home buyers, and home sellers.
- Top stories for Sep 6-12: Top 20 Data Science MOOCs; Free Books on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining - Sep 13, 2015.
60+ Free Books on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning; Top 20 Data Science MOOCs; A Great way to learn Data Science; One language a Data Scientist must master.
- Knight News Challenge on Data opens for ideas, apply by Sep 30 - Sep 13, 2015.
The Knight News Challenge on Data open for ideas - apply by Sep 30, propose projects that use data for good to inform and empower people. Winners will receive a share of $3M.
- Poll Results: Data Scientists don’t stay long in their jobs - Sep 12, 2015.
Job market for Data Scientists is hot - half of them left their previous job after 2 years or less. In a hopeful sign for employers, Data Scientists plan to stay longer in their current job, for all job types.
- Analytics for Personal Fitness Devices - Sep 12, 2015.
Analytics in health care is yet an undiscovered territory, but due to IoT devices it is estimated to grow to $53 billion in the next three years. Here we explain the current status of industry, its future potential and key drivers.
- Aug 2015 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science Acquisitions, Startup roundup - Sep 11, 2015.
Aug 2015 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: HyperVerge, Top 100 by funding, Deep Genomics, Driveway Software, BigML, and many more.
- Crunch, Practical (and affordable) Big Data Conference - Sep 11, 2015.
Join us for this year’s Crunch Practical Big Data Conference, where big stars like Doug Cutting and Elena Vernawill be presenting about big data technologies, trends, best-practices, war stories, and future of industry.
- A Great way to learn Data Science by simply doing it - Sep 11, 2015.
There are tons of great online resources out there we can pick up and learn them to become a master in data science. Here is a comprehensive list of data science course providers along with links to the data science courses.
- PAW: Four analytics events in Boston – KDnuggets special - Sep 10, 2015.
Attend four premier, co-located analytics events in Boston Sep 27 - Oct 1, enjoy great learning and networking opportunities, and use code KDN150 to save.
- ICDM 2015: IEEE Int. Conference on Data Mining, Nov 14-17, Atlantic City - Sep 10, 2015.
Upcoming IEEE conference on data mining promises the dissemination of innovative, practical development experiences, as well as industry-leading guest speakers.
- Data Science Data Architecture - Sep 10, 2015.
Data scientists are kind of a rare breed, who juggles between data science, business and IT. But, they do understand less IT than an IT person and understands less business than a business person. Which demands a specific workflow and data architecture.
- Top August stories: How to become a Data Scientist for Free; Data is Ugly – Tales of Data Cleaning - Sep 9, 2015.
How to become a Data Scientist for Free; Hype Cycle: Big Data is Out, Machine Learning is in; Data is Ugly - Tales of Data Cleaning; Data Science, Analytics Online Degrees and Certificates.
- Rich Data Summit, San Francisco, Oct 14 – early bird by Sep 14 - Sep 9, 2015.
The Rich Data Summit is a one-of-a-kind event focused on wrangling, cleaning, blending, and enriching data, with stellar speakers including Nate Silver. Register by Sep 14 for early bird discount with code: RDSCF20.
- Most popular “Statistical Analysis and Data Mining” Papers - Sep 9, 2015.
Most popular recent papers from “Statistical Analysis and Data Mining” journal cover They outlier detection, clustering, large-scale analytics, link prediction, mining sequential patterns, and more. They will be free to read for a limited time.
- Curated, Cleansed Datasets can Make A World of Difference - Sep 9, 2015.
dataX from CrowdAnalytix is a new open data sharing platform, with curated, cleansed datasets prepared as a result from 90+ projects executed for leading global enterprises.
- Salaries by Roles in Data Science and Business Intelligence - Sep 9, 2015.
Data Scientist is the hottest role. What's next? We present national average salaries, job title progression in career, job trends and skills for popular job titles in Data Science & Business Intelligence. Check out the salaries of related roles.
- Data Analytics Leaders Event, Dec 7-9, Austin – KDnuggets Offer - Sep 9, 2015.
Data Analytics Leaders Event is THE place where data chiefs, BI and analytics function heads come together to explore accelerating the path of data-to-value. 10% off for KDnuggets readers.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 1-7: 60+ Free books on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Python, R - Sep 8, 2015.
The one language a Data Scientist must master (it is not R, Python or SQL); 60+ Free #ebooks on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning; Commonly Misunderstood #Analytics Terms.
- Northwestern Online MS in Predictive Analytics, apply by Oct 15 - Sep 8, 2015.
Build key skills for the growing analytics field: prepare for leadership-level career opportunities, learn from distinguished Northwestern faculty, and build statistical and analytic expertise.
- New Book: Big Data Analytics - Sep 8, 2015.
A new book on Big Data analytics provides a broad overview of techniques and applications, focusing on both challenges and opportunities.
- Build Real-time Streaming Apps in Minutes with Free Versions of StreamAnalytix - Sep 8, 2015.
Check free and trial Versions of StreamAnalytix, enterprise-class streaming analytics platform, which enable acceleration of real-time analytics.
- How to Search the Internet by Chemical Structure - Sep 8, 2015.
iScienceSearch is a search engine for chemists & biologists that lets you search many structure databases from PubChem to Wikipedia in one go. You can search, by structure, substructure, similarity, text and synonyms.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Sep 8 and beyond - Sep 7, 2015.
The Future of Data Science, Ensuring Business Value from Analytics, Apache Ignite, Text Analytics, Best Practices of Data Science, Forecasting With Predictive Analytics, and more.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, August: Deep Learning paints in style of many famous painters - Sep 7, 2015.
Deep Learning algorithm generating paintings in the styles of famous artists, Genetic algorithms pioneer John Holland passes away, Beginner Python data analysis tutorial, LSTM networks explained, and Google Thought Vectors.
- Predictive Analytics World is returning to London on 28-29 October - Sep 7, 2015.
Predictive Analytics World is the leading cross-vendor event for predictive analytics professionals, managers and commercial practitioners - it focuses on concrete examples of deployed predictive analytics and delivers case studies, expertise and resources.
- InformationWeek 9 NoSQL Pioneers Who Modernized Data Management - Sep 7, 2015.
The age of Big Data wouldn’t have been possible without these NoSQL. Learn more about NoSQL Pioneers, who changed the data landscape and revolutionized the big data movement.
- Big Data Analytics in Hotel Industry - Sep 7, 2015.
The Hotel industry is another data rich industry that captures huge volumes of data of different types. Find out, how Customer Segmentation, Energy Consumption, Investment Management, and Resource Allocation for it can be revolutionized using big data analytics.
- Top stories for Aug 30 – Sep 5: Free Books on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, … - Sep 6, 2015.
60+ Free Books on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Python, R, and more; How to become a Data Scientist for Free; The one language a Data Scientist must master.
- NSA Patents Analysis and Visualization - Sep 6, 2015.
To understand details and images of nearly 300 patents filed by the National Security Agency, Alice Corona collected data made available by the USPTO, put into the Silk data publishing and data visualization platform.
- Top 20 Data Science MOOCs - Sep 5, 2015.
Looking out for the next data science MOOC? Checkout from our extensive list of MOOCs which covers all data science disciplines which are offered by leading organizations.
- Apache Big Data Budapest, Sep 28-30 – use code “ABDKDN25” by Sep 7 for discount - Sep 5, 2015.
New Apache: Big Data conf. is launching in Budapest Sep 28-30, gathering the top technologists - developers, architects, engineers, data scientists and more. Use code "ABDKDN25" for big discount if you register by Sep 7.
- 90 upcoming September – April Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science - Sep 4, 2015.
Coming soon: Big Data Innovation East, Cypher 2015, TDWI San Diego, PAW Boston, PAW Healthcare, Strata + Hadoop World NYC, Rich Data Summit, IEEE Big Data, and many more.
- Spark SQL for Real-Time Analytics - Sep 4, 2015.
Apache Spark is the hottest topic in Big Data. This tutorial discusses why Spark SQL is becoming the preferred method for Real Time Analytics and for next frontier, IoT (Internet of Things).
- Top Datapreneurs in data science - Sep 4, 2015.
A datapreneur is an entrepreneur focused on data science. Here is a great list of datapreneurs who created Data Products, Data Science Services, Data Science Training/Education, and Data Science Communities.
- 60+ Free Books on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Python, R, and more - Sep 4, 2015.
Here is a great collection of eBooks written on the topics of Data Science, Business Analytics, Data Mining, Big Data, Machine Learning, Algorithms, Data Science Tools, and Programming Languages for Data Science.
- NASARI: a Novel Approach to a Semantically-Aware Representation of Items - Sep 3, 2015.
NASARI 2.0 semantic vector representations for BabelNet synsets in several languages. BabelNet covers WordNet and Wikipedia among other resources, enabling these vectors to be applicable for representations of concepts.
- Commonly Misunderstood Analytics Terms - Sep 3, 2015.
Unable to follow what your analyst language during presentations? Understand what exactly the common terminologies in the data science mean.
- How to Balance the Five Analytic Dimensions - Sep 3, 2015.
When developing a solution one has to consider data complexity, speed, analytic complexity, accuracy & precision, and data size. It is not possible to best in all categories, but it is necessary to understand the trade-offs.
- ICDM 2015 Student Travel Grants - Sep 2, 2015.
ICDM 2015 is able to offer travel grants to full-time students. The purpose of the student travel grants is to encourage graduate student participation at the conference by partially funding the costs of students.
- OpenText Data Driven Digest, Aug 28: Treemaps - Sep 2, 2015.
Treemaps enable us to visualize the large data set in a concise manner. There are many variations possible with them, here some of the well known tree-maps like Leaves of Green, Repping Fragmentation and All Wet.
- Can Data Mining Extract Value from your Personal Data (and should you get a piece of the action?) - Sep 2, 2015.
There are industries made out of the personal data, but content providers don’t get their share. What if you are presented with the opportunity to sell your personal data for financial benefits? Find out more by taking the survey from datamilk.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 25-31: How to become a #DataScientist for Free; The R universe of Hadley Wickham - Sep 1, 2015.
How to become a Data Scientist for Free; #BigData is Out, #MachineLearning is in; The universe of Hadley Wickham, the Man Who Revolutionized R; Book review: Fundamentals of #DeepLearning.
- Cartoon: Big Data in Retirement - Sep 1, 2015.
Now that Gartner has officially "retired" Big Data from its technology hype curve, KDnuggets looks at Big Data in retirement.
- Harrisburg U. DATA ANALYTICS SUMMIT: Structuring the UNSTRUCTURED, Dec 14-16 - Sep 1, 2015.
This free summit specifically addresses how to deal with unstructured data as related to the emerging field of Big Data Analytics. RSVP Required.
- The one language a Data Scientist must master - Sep 1, 2015.
Getting started with the data science, and wondering which language to pick up and technology to explore. But, that is secondary, every business is structured differently and to understand it and build on top of it, is the crux of data science.
- API for Prediction and Machine Learning: poll results and analysis - Sep 1, 2015.
APIs are set procedures which provide easy to use, automated, robust solution to the recurring programming challenges. Here, we analyzed major players in the big data domain are providing machine learning APIs.
- Predictive Analytics – a Soup Story - Sep 1, 2015.
CRISP-DM is most popular methodology for analytics, data mining, and data science projects. Learn how to cook CRISP-DM recipe in five simple steps.