See a full list at www.kdnuggets.com/academic/
- Postdoc - Data Science (Knowledge Graphs and Machine Learning) at PNNL, Richland, WA. - Oct 29, 2015.
At PNNL we seek to find solutions to our nation's toughest problems in disaster response, health security, and related domains. We are looking for a strongly motivated person with excellent skills in deep learning research and/or knowledge graph construction.
- Research Associate (Post-doc) at U. of Arizona, Tucson, AZ. - Oct 27, 2015.
We are using a data-driven process (data mining + NLP) and user testing to discover features indicative of difficult English and Spanish texts. We will design text simplification algorithms that will lead to the deployment of a free, online text simplification tool for use with healthcare educational information, to help increase health literacy and reduce costs.
- Assistant Professor in Economic and Information Networks at UCSC, Santa Cruz, CA, USA. - Oct 21, 2015.
We seek outstanding candidates who do empirical and/or analytical fundamental research in information economics, network science, computational advertising or marketing analytics, mechanism design, or computational/algorithmic economics.
- 2 Assistant Professor positions at Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI, USA. - Oct 09, 2015.
The Dept. of Mathematics at Eastern Michigan Univ. invites applications for two tenure track assistant professor positions beginning in August 2016. A Ph.D. in the mathematical sciences or related quantitative field is required. Strong background in applied statistics or data science is required.
- Open-rank Computer Science Faculty at Florida Institute of Technology, Melbourne, FL, USA. - Oct 09, 2015.
All areas of CS are considered. The CS department offers BS, MS, and PhD degree programs. Florida Tech is in the Space Coast, where NASA Kennedy Space Center is located.
- 2 Asst. Professor Positions in Analytics, Data Science at USFCA, San Francisco, CA, USA. - Oct 05, 2015.
The positions will contribute to the MS program in analytics and also support either computer science (both grad and undergrad) or undergraduate Data Science program.
- Tenure-track faculty in Business Statistics/Analytics at the University of Illinois, Chicago at UIC, Chicago, IL. - Oct 02, 2015.
This is an open rank position. Applicants should have a Ph.D., either completed or near completion, in statistics, machine learning, management science or a closely related field. Strong research capabilities, commitment to publish in top tier journals, and exemplary communication and teaching are expected.
- Faculty in Business Analytics, Open Rank (Tenure Track) at U. Iowa, Iowa City, IA. - Oct 02, 2015.
Areas of interest include but are not limited to data science, data mining, text/web/social media analytics, and data visualization.
See below for academic and research positions posted on KDnuggets in October 2015.