2015 Oct Tutorials, Overviews, How-Tos
All (105) | Courses, Education (17) | Meetings (8) | News, Features (19) | Opinions, Interviews, Reports (30) | Publications (7) | Software (2) | Top Tweets (4) | Tutorials, Overviews, How-Tos (11) | Webcasts (7)
- How Big Data is used in Recommendation Systems to change our lives - Oct 30, 2015.
A Recommendation systems have impacted or even redefined our lives in many ways. It works in well-defined, logical phases which are data collection, ratings, and filtering.
- Integrating Python and R, Part 2: Executing R from Python and Vice Versa - Oct 30, 2015.
The second in a series of blog posts that: outline the basic strategy for integrating Python and R, we will concentrate on how the two scripts can be linked together by getting R to call Python and vice versa.
- A Neural Network in 11 lines of Python - Oct 30, 2015.
A bare bones neural network implementation to describe the inner workings of back-propagation.
- Integrating Python and R into a Data Analysis Pipeline, Part 1 - Oct 29, 2015.
The first in a series of blog posts that: outline the basic strategy for integrating Python and R, run through the different steps involved in this process; and give a real example of how and why you would want to do this.
- Data Science of IoT: Sensor fusion and Kalman filters, Part 1 - Oct 29, 2015.
The Kalman filter has numerous applications, including IoT and Sensor fusion, which helps to determine the State of an IoT based computing system based on sensor input.
- Random vs Pseudo-random – How to Tell the Difference - Oct 26, 2015.
Statistical know-how is an integral part of Data Science. Explore randomness vs. pseudo-randomness in this explanatory post with examples.
- How to Use Data Visualizations to Win Over Your Audience - Oct 22, 2015.
Any credible media services require a scientific insights, generated by the support of any case more than cold, hard, unbiased data. In this post, you will learn how to use data visualizations to win over your audience.
- The Beginners Guide to Predictive Workforce Analytics - Oct 19, 2015.
Under increasing pressure and facing unique challenges, Human Resources departments are turning to analytics to improve their business practices. Learn what HR needs to be focused on, and what pitfalls they need to avoid.
- Do more with Python: Creating a graph application with Python, Neo4j, Gephi, and Linkurious - Oct 14, 2015.
Here is how to build a neat app with graph visualization of Python and related topics from Packt and StackOverflow, combining Gephi, Linkurious, and Neo4j.
- Recurrent Neural Networks Tutorial, Introduction - Oct 7, 2015.
Recurrent Neural Networks (RNNs) are popular models that have shown great promise in NLP and many other Machine Learning tasks. Here is a much-needed guide to key RNN models and a few brilliant research papers.
- 5 steps to actually learn data science - Oct 6, 2015.
Data science is a broad and varied field, and hence the path to becoming a unicorn is full of darkness. To light up your path and guide you to become one, here are 5 simple steps to be followed.