2015 Dec News, Features
All (95) | Courses, Education (3) | Meetings (6) | News, Features (17) | Opinions, Interviews, Reports (37) | Publications (2) | Software (9) | Top Tweets (3) | Tutorials, Overviews, How-Tos (12) | Webcasts (6)
- Minority Report Visualized – Chicago Police Analyzed
- Dec 28, 2015.
Who watches the watchmen? This article examines the recently available Chicago Police misconduct allegation dataset from the Invisible Institute.
- Top stories for Dec 20-26: Top 10 Machine Learning Projects on Github; Lessons from 2 MM Kaggle Models
- Dec 27, 2015.
Top 10 Machine Learning Projects on Github; 10 BI Trends for 2016; More Data Science Humor and Cartoons; Lessons from 2 MM Machine Learning Models on Kaggle.
- Academic/Research positions in Business Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning in December 2015
- Dec 26, 2015.
Academic/Research position at U. Libre Brussels, Karlsruhe Inst. for Technology, U. of Iowa Tippie College of Business, Monash University, U. Strasbourg, Texas A&M, Roche (Basel) and INESC TEC (Porto).
- New Poll: Industries/Fields where you applied Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science in 2015?
- Dec 21, 2015.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking - where did you apply Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science in 2015? Please vote and we will analyze the results and report on trends and interesting findings.
- Top stories for Dec 13-19: Top 10 Machine Learning Projects on Github; Importance of Data Science for IoT business
- Dec 20, 2015.
Top 10 Machine Learning Projects on Github; Using Python and R together: main approaches; Importance of Data Science for IoT business; Top 10 Deep Learning Tips, Tricks.
- Cartoon: Surprise Data Science Recommendations
- Dec 19, 2015.
We revisit KDnuggets cartoon which examines an unexpected shopping recommendation from Big Data and machine learning algorithms.
- PAKDD 2016 Data Science Contest: Sarcasm detection on Reddit comments
- Dec 17, 2015.
The contest task is to design an effective algorithm for sarcasm detection in the domain of opinion mining. Submissions due Feb 15, 2016.
- Top 2015 KDnuggets Stories on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning
- Dec 15, 2015.
R vs Python for Data Science: The Winner is ...; 60+ Free Books on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning; Top 20 Python Machine Learning Open Source Projects; 50+ Data Science and Machine Learning Cheat Sheets.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 07-13: 50 Useful Machine Learning and Prediction APIs; 35 R Job Interview Questions, Answers
- Dec 14, 2015.
R Programming: 35 Job #Interview Questions and Answers; A Look into #MachineLearning First Cheating #Scandal; The current state of #machine #intelligence 2.0 ; #Dilbert Dark #humor on combining #DNA tests and #Bevaviour #Predictions;
- Top stories for Dec 6-12: 50 Useful Machine Learning, Prediction APIs; Free Data Science Curriculum
- Dec 13, 2015.
50 Useful Machine Learning, Prediction APIs; TensorFlow Google Deep Learning Disappoints; 7 Essential Resources, Tips To Get Started With Data Science; 20 Lessons From Building Machine Learning Systems
- Cartoon: 2nd place in a Data Science contest
- Dec 11, 2015.
New KDnuggets Cartoon looks at the recent progress of machine learning algorithms reaching and exceeding human performance levels and what will they achieve next...
- R Style Ninjas: New Lifestyle Site for R Enthusiasts
- Dec 11, 2015.
New R themed apparel site with several designs generated from R data visualizations. A portion of each purchase goes toward supporting R development.
- Top November stories: TensorFlow Disappoints – Google Deep Learning falls shallow; 5 Best Machine Learning APIs for Data Science
- Dec 8, 2015.
TensorFlow Disappoints - Google Deep Learning falls shallow; 5 Best Machine Learning APIs for Data Science; 7 Steps to Mastering Machine Learning With Python; A Statistical View of Deep Learning.
- Top stories for Nov 29 – Dec 5: 7 Steps to Mastering ML With Python; Balkanization of Data Science – Empire or Republics?
- Dec 6, 2015.
7 Steps to Mastering Machine Learning With Python; TensorFlow Disappoints - Google Deep Learning falls shallow; Will Balkanization of Data Science lead to one Empire or many Republics?; 5 Tribes of Machine Learning - Questions and Answers.
- Top /r/DataScience Posts, November: Open source Plot.ly, Pokemon (?), Social analysis with R
- Dec 3, 2015.
November on /r/DataScience: Plot.ly is open sourced, Pokemon and Big Data games, a new social network analysis package for R, insider information on landing a Google Data Scientist job, and a free data science curriculum.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, November: TensorFlow, Deep Convolutional Generative Adversarial Networks, and lolz
- Dec 2, 2015.
In November on /r/MachineLearning, we've got a good laugh, a fantastic image-generating convolutional generative adversarial network, and a whole lot of Google TensorFlow.
- Data Science Cartoon Contest has 3 winners
- Dec 1, 2015.
Data Science Cartoon Contest shows the diversity of different approaches to the trend prediction problem.