KDnuggets™ News 15:n35, Oct 28: Data Science Machine; Programming: Python vs R; KDnuggets Addiction
The Data Science Machine, or 'How To Engineer Feature Engineering'; Data Science Programming: Python vs R; Cartoon: KDnuggets Addiction; How to Use Data Visualizations to Win Over Your Audience.
Features | Tutorials | Opinions | News | Webcasts | Courses | Jobs | Publications | Tweets | Quote
- The Data Science Machine, or ‘How To Engineer Feature Engineering'
- Data Science Programming: Python vs R
- Cartoon: KDnuggets Addiction
- How to Use Data Visualizations to Win Over Your Audience
- Introducing: Blocks and Fuel - Frameworks for Deep Learning in Python
- Amazon Top 20 Books in Data Mining
Tutorials, Overviews, How-Tos
- You've Read the Book, Now Listen to the Podcast
- OpenText Data Digest Oct 23: World Statistics Day
- OpenText Data Digest, Oct 16: Millennial Parenting
- Top stories for Oct 18-24: R vs Python: head to head data analysis; Big Data + Wrong Method = Big Fail
- Unlock the Power of Spark with IBM Watson and Twitter
- Spark + SETI: Amping up Spark SQL with Parquets
- 2015 Updated Analytics Compensation and Demographics
Webcasts and Webinars
- Webinar: Data Mining: Failure to Launch [Nov 10]
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science - Oct 27 and beyond
- There is a new Statistica in town - Oct 29 Webinar
- Explaining Analytics to Decision Makers: Insights to Actions
- Saint Mary's Mathematically Rigorous MS in Data Science, Primarily Online
- Microsoft: Data Scientist/Advanced Analytics Evangelist..
- Microsoft: R Data Scientist..
- Microsoft: Data Scientists in Redmond, Boston or Mountain View..
- Michael J. Fox Foundation: CRM & Analytics Officer
- Hawthorne Direct: Director of Analytics
- Legendary Entertainment, Applied Analytics: Quantitative Researcher
- Morpace: Hadoop Java Design Specialist
- Renovate America: Data Scientist - Hero Gov Team
- Renovate America: Sr. Data Scientist - Origination Risk
- U. of California, Santa Cruz: Assistant Professor in Economic and Information Networks
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 20-26: Why Self-Driving Cars Must Be Able to Kill: an impossible dilemma of algorithmic morality
"All models are wrong; the practical question is how wrong do they have to be to not be useful" - George E. P. Box
Top Stories Past 30 Days