Academic/Research positions in Business Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning in January 2016
Academic/Research positions Analytics and Data Science at INRIA, U. Texas, U. Mannheim, Eindhoven U. of Technology, IBM Social Good Fellowship, Yale, Xavier, U. Western Switzerland, U. Paris-Est Marne-la-Vallee, and U. Tampere.
See a full list at www.kdnuggets.com/academic/
See also industry jobs in business analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science.
- Post-doc on Knowledge-base mining of sequential patterns at Rennes U./Inria, Rennes, France. - Jan 29, 2016. The SePaDec project aims, on the one side, to improve the efficiency of the ASP-mining approaches developed in collaboration between the LACODAM team and the Potsdam KR team developing the ASP solver clingo. The two research directions that could be explored are 1) the use of dedicated algorithms combined with clingo and 2) the study of various solvers efficiency to the pattern mining task.
- Biostatistician II at U. of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX. - Jan 29, 2016. Our group is actively working on projects related to women's health, with a focus on cancer prevention. We have need of an individual who can mine large data sets, conduct complex analysis, and write the statistics sections of grants and manuscripts. The ideal candidate would have a thorough knowledge of methods in observational epidemiology as well as in conducting clinical trials.
- PHD student in Statistical NLP / Ontology Learning / Information Extraction / Machine Learning at University of Mannheim, Germany. - Jan 26, 2016. The candidate should have a strong background in one or more of these areas: statistical semantic processing, machine learning and knowledge acquisition, ontology learning and population, distributed large-scale processing
- PhD positions on Process Mining in Logistics at Eindhoven U. of Technology, The Netherlands. - Jan 25, 2016. Develop techniques for extracting and analyzing event data from logistics solutions for improving processes (offline and online, data mining and process mining) in collaboration with Vanderlande, NL; join research and teaching in a leading process mining and BPM group; apply by Jan 31, 2016
- IBM Social Good Fellowship at IBM, T. J. Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY. - Jan 25, 2016. 3-month summer fellowships for PhD students and full-year fellowships for postdocs. Fellows will come work with research staff members to complete projects in partnership with NGOs, social enterprises, government agencies, or other mission-driven organizations that have large social impact.
- Postdoctoral Associate at Yale School of Management, New Haven, CT, USA. - Jan 22, 2016. The marketing group at Yale SOM seeks a computer science PhD for a post-doctoral position. Selected candidate will work with marketing faculty to develop and adapt computer science techniques to address big data related marketing problems.
- Computational Scientist in Data Mining or Machine Learning at Xavier University of Louisiana, New Orleans, LA, USA. - Jan 20, 2016. The Data Mining & Bioinformatics Group at the Computer Science Department, Xavier University of Louisiana, USA, is soliciting applications for a full-time postdoctoral research position. We seek a highly motivated Computational Scientist to join our efforts to develop novel next-generation algorithms for mining streaming data. Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
- Senior Researcher at U. of Applied Sciences and Arts of Western Switzerland, Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland. - Jan 20, 2016. Our aim is to expand and strengthen our machine learning group in a domain with a lot of future exiting opportunities and challenges such as dynamic automation of machine learning. New projects are beginning in this area and researchers are needed to accelerate our academic research and industrial applications development.
- Ingénieur de recherche (ou post-doctorant.e) en sciences des données at U. Paris-Est Marne-la-Vallee (UPEM), Champs-sur-Marne, Paris district, France. - Jan 10, 2016. Le projet FULLAB est porté par le Laboratoire Interdisciplinaire Sciences Innovations Sociétés (LISIS), une unité de recherche créée en 2015 qui est à la fois une Formation de Recherche en Evolution CNRS et une UMR INRA. Le LISIS, qui compte une soixantaine de membres, a un programme de recherche explicitement consacré à l’innovation et à l’étude des liens entre sciences, politiques, techniques et société.
- Two fixed-term postdoc positions at U. of Tampere, Finland. - Jan 07, 2016Part of the project on Novel methods for analysis of online consumer behavior (NAOMI). The postdoc researchers will develop new well-performing, computationally efficient, and scalable methods based on probabilistic modeling, data mining, and machine learning for data analysis, visualization, information retrieval, and prediction in big consumer behavior data.
- Associate Director of the Center for Analytics and Data Science and Instructor or Visiting Assistant Professor at Miami University, Ohio, USA. - Jan 06, 2016. Providing leadership and administration associated with a newly established Center for Analytics and Data Science as well as 50% effort dedicated to teaching during the fall and spring semesters.
- Data Management, Mining, and Retrieval - Full Professorship (W3) at TU Darmstadt, Germany. - Jan 06, 2016. The search is for an outstanding candidate who can represent the foundations of databases as a central theme in research and teaching, and who can also face the challenges of storing, managing and eventually analyzing the ever-growing amounts of data and text. Apply by Jan 31, 2016