2016 Feb Software
All (114) | Courses, Education (9) | Meetings (14) | News, Features (16) | Opinions, Interviews, Reports (31) | Publications (3) | Software (14) | Top Tweets (5) | Tutorials, Overviews (15) | Webcasts (7)
- Machine Learning at your fingertips – 60+ free APIs, from HPE Haven OnDemand - Feb 29, 2016.
HPE Haven on Demand has 60+ Machine Learning free APIs to connect, extract, analyze, search, predict - get your API Key and RSVP for the HPE Analytics World Tour.
- Yahoo! CaffeOnSpark: Distributed Deep Learning on Big Data Clusters - Feb 29, 2016.
Get an overview of Yahoo!'s CaffeOnSpark, the latest entrant into the world of distributed deep learning, directly from the developers.
- Why Spark Reached the Tipping Point in 2015 - Feb 26, 2016.
A quantitative look at Spark's breakthrough year in 2015, from 3 different points of view. Will 2016 be an even bigger year for the open source project?
- Building Zoomable Line Charts in jQuery - Feb 25, 2016.
Learn how to build zoomable line charts using FusionCharts’ core JS library and its jQuery charts plugin, and get started making some beautiful data visualizations for the web.
- IBM Watson Analytics for social media analysis - Feb 25, 2016.
We explore IBM Watson Analytics features and what it can do with your data set. The IBM Watson Anlaytics social media add on is available for preview until March 1st.
- Top 10 Data Visualization Projects on Github - Feb 22, 2016.
Github provides a number of open source data visualization options for data scientists and application developers integrating quality visuals. This is a list and description of the top project offerings available, based on the number of stars.
- HPI Future SOC Lab offers researchers free access to a powerful Big Data & Computing infrastructure - Feb 19, 2016.
The HPI Future SOC (Service-Oriented Computing) Lab is a cooperation of the Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI) and industrial partners, providing free access to a powerful Big Data & Computing infrastructure. It is now accepting project proposals.
- Embedding Open Cognitive Analytics at the IoT’s Edge - Feb 19, 2016.
Cognitive computing is penetrating more aspects of the IoT as algorithms enable edge devices and applications. Understand how unstructured data captured by IoT edge devices with the help of cognitive algorithms distilled into actionable insights.
- 3 Biggest Challenges of a Data Scientist - Feb 18, 2016.
A data scientist worth his salt uses applications that help him surmount the three key challenges to his job. Here is how ClicData can help.
- Gartner 2016 Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms: gainers and losers - Feb 16, 2016.
We compare Gartner 2016 Magic Quadrant Advanced Analytics Platforms vs its 2015 version and identify notable changes for leaders and challengers: SAS, IBM, RapidMiner, KNIME, Dell, Angoss, and Microsoft.
- Scikit Flow: Easy Deep Learning with TensorFlow and Scikit-learn - Feb 12, 2016.
Scikit Learn is a new easy-to-use interface for TensorFlow from Google based on the Scikit-learn fit/predict model. Does it succeed in making deep learning more accessible?
- Auto-Scaling scikit-learn with Spark - Feb 11, 2016.
Databricks gives us an overview of the spark-sklearn library, which automatically and seamlessly distributes model tuning on a Spark cluster, without impacting workflow.
- The WebMiner Filter – Beta - Feb 5, 2016.
Filtering through companies, blogs, shops or social media websites we can make a better use of our search results and therefore add value to our internet searches. TheWebMiner is a company that offers enterprise web crawling, web scraping and many other data processing solutions.
- Microsoft Deep Learning Brings Innovative Features – CNTK Shows Promise - Feb 2, 2016.
Microsoft releases CNTK, a deep learning tool kit which shows promise. While a few innovative features set it apart from its competitors, a major drawback may hurt its adoption.