2016 Mar News, Features
All (114) | Courses, Education (9) | Meetings (11) | News, Features (18) | Opinions, Interviews, Reports (38) | Publications (2) | Software (9) | Top Tweets (4) | Tutorials, Overviews (18) | Webcasts (5)
- Academic/Research positions in Business Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning in March 2016 - Mar 31, 2016.
Academic/Research positions Analytics and Data Science in Ningbo China, Budapest, Wisconsin, Helsinki, Porto, Bonn, and San Diego.
- IDC/KDnuggets Advanced Analytics Survey, 2016 - Mar 29, 2016.
What are the use cases for machine learning? What's the typical analytics workflow? Should we have a data science team? Should we outsource our analytics? Help IDC and KDnuggets answer these questions and read the results on KDnuggets and in other places.
- Top stories for Mar 20-26: R Learning Path: From beginner to expert in 7 steps; Top 10 Data Science Resources on Github - Mar 27, 2016.
R Learning Path: From beginner to expert in R in 7 steps; Top 10 Data Science Resources on Github; 7 Steps to Mastering Machine Learning With Python; 21 Must-Know Data Science Interview Questions and Answers.
- Cartoon: Citizen Data Scientist At Work - Mar 26, 2016.
KDnuggets Cartoon examines Citizen Data Scientist at work and his previous career as a citizen dentist and a citizen pilot.
- CrowdSignals.io, Building Big Mobile Social Sensor dataset - Mar 25, 2016.
CrowdSignals.io a crowdfunding campaign to generate the largest mobile and sensor dataset available to the Data Science community for use in research and product development.
- Top stories for Mar 13-19: After 150 Years, the ASA Says No to p-values; New KDnuggets Tutorials Page - Mar 20, 2016.
After 150 Years, the ASA Says No to p-values; New KDnuggets Tutorials Page: Learn R, Python, Data Visualization, Data Science, and more. R vs Python for Data Science: The Winner is ...
- Watson Developer Challenge: build conversational apps using Watson language APIs - Mar 18, 2016.
Watson Developer Challenge is an online hackathon to build conversational apps using Watson new language service APIs for NLP, document conversion, and speech and machine learning algorithms. Coders have till Apr 15 to build software that lets users interact with Watson through a natural conversational interface.
- The Data Science Game – Student Competition - Mar 17, 2016.
The Data Science Game returns this year, with university students competing for dominance. Details for this iteration and further information is provided here.
- New KDnuggets Tutorials Page: Learn R, Python, Data Visualization, Data Science, and more - Mar 16, 2016.
Introducing new KDnuggets Tutorials page with useful resources for learning about Business Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, R, Python, Data Visualization, Spark, Deep Learning and more.
- Top stories for Mar 6-12: R or Python? Consider learning both; The Data Science Process, Rediscovered - Mar 13, 2016.
R or Python? Consider learning both; The Data Science Process, Rediscovered; R vs Python for Data Science: The Winner is ...; 7 Steps to Mastering Machine Learning With Python.
- Top February stories: 21 Must-Know Data Science Interview Q&A; Gartner 2016 MQ for Advanced Analytics: gainers and losers - Mar 8, 2016.
21 Must-Know Data Science Interview Questions and Answers; Top 10 TED Talks for the Data Scientists; Gartner 2016 Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms: gainers and losers.
- AI and Machine Learning: Top Influencers and Brands - Mar 8, 2016.
Onalytica gives us a new list of the top 100 Artifical Intelligence and Machine Learning influencers and brands, and provides some insight into the relationships between them.
- Watch the Geek Rap Video – Predictive Analytics Song - Mar 8, 2016.
“PREDICT THIS!” is the first pop song to present analytics content with Gangnam Style humor, and media-blending 80’s throwback visuals. The rapper, formerly known as Dr. Eric Siegel (co-founder of Predictive Analytics World) said, “I only answer to ‘Dr. Data’ now.”
- KDD Cup 2016: measuring the impact of research institutions - Mar 7, 2016.
KDD Cup 2016 competition aims at addressing a long-standing puzzle in academic society: how to rank an academic institution? Develop models to rank academic institutions based on their potential paper acceptance in the upcoming top-tier conferences.
- Top stories for Feb 28 – Mar 5: The Data Science Process; Why Spark Reached the Tipping Point in 2015 - Mar 6, 2016.
R vs Python for Data Science: The Winner is ...; 7 Steps to Mastering Machine Learning With Python; The Data Science Process; Why Spark Reached the Tipping Point in 2015.
- OpenText Data Visualization – Red Carpet Edition - Mar 4, 2016.
In the this latest edition we present handsome variation on the bubble chart, plotting numbers of nominations against Oscars won, and how many films fall into each category.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, February: AlphaGo, Distributed TensorFlow, Neural Network Image Enhancement - Mar 2, 2016.
In February on /r/MachineLearning, we get a run-down of the AlphaGo matches, Distributed TensorFlow is released, convolutional neural nets are cleaning Star Wars images, vintage science is on parade, military machine learning is criticized, and the overwhelmed researcher is given advice.
- Academic/Research positions in Business Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning in February 2016 - Mar 1, 2016.
Academic/Research positions Analytics and Data Science at Oslo Research Lab, Eindhoven U. of Technology, NCSR Demokritos, U. Iowa, U. Helsinki and Aalto, NJCU, Manchester Metropolitan U., Umea University, Monash University.