Be Part of Spark Summit 2016, the Premier Big Data Event Dedicated to Apache Spark
Whether you’re an Apache Spark newbie or a hardcore enthusiast, Spark Summit, June 6-8 in San Francisco, is the place to be to gain new insights and make valuable connections. Use promo code KDNuggets to save 15%
Apache Spark is the largest open source project in data processing today, and the upcoming release of Apache Spark 2.0 is expected to fuel further adoption. Companies like Airbnb, Baidu, Bloomberg, CapitalOne, Netflix, Uber, and Yahoo are deploying Spark at massive scale to make better business decisions – and they will all be participating in Spark Summit 2016.
Now in its fourth year, and its seventh summit, Spark Summit 2016 is taking place June 6-8, 2016 in the heart of San Francisco, and this year’s conference is on track to the be the biggest ever with more than 2,300 developers, engineers, data scientists, analysts, researchers and business professionals gathering at the Union Square Hilton for three days of learning and networking. Whether you’re an Apache Spark newbie or a hardcore enthusiast, Spark Summit is the place to be to gain new insights and make valuable connections.
The program features more than 100 sessions in six dedicated tracks: Data Science, Developer, Enterprise, Research, Spark Ecosystem and Use Cases & Experience. Topics range from highly technical talks like a A Deep Dive in Spark Memory Management and 700 Queries per Second with Updates: Spark as a Real-time web service to practical best practices like Operational Tips for Deploying Apache Spark and Lessons Learned from Running Spark on Docker.
Another salient highlight of seventh Spark Summit 2016 is the stellar lineup of Keynote Speakers:
- Doug Cutting - Co-founder of Apache Hadoop and Chief Architect, Cloudera
- Jeff Dean - Co-founder of Google Brain and Senior Fellow, Google
- Andrew Ng - Chief Scientist, Baidu and Co-founder and Chairman, Coursera
- Ali Ghodsi - Co-founder and CEO, Databricks
- Ziya Ma - Vice President of Big Data, Intel
- Joseph Sirosh - Corporate Vice President of the Data Group, Microsoft
- Rob Thomas - VP, Product Development, IBM Analytics, IBM
- Matei Zaharia - Creator of Apache Spark and Co-founder and CTO, Databricks
View the full schedule online and make plans to join us at Spark Summit in San Francisco. Hurry, though – time is running out to register, and tickets will sell out! Use promo code KDNuggets to save 15 percent off the ticket price.
Top Stories Past 30 Days