Academic/Research positions in Business Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning in July 2016
Director for the Institute for CyberScience at Penn State, Research Fellow - Data Science at Monash U; Postdocs at UTSW; PhD positions at TU/E Netherlands, Leiden U Netherlands, Ningbo China.
See an up-to-date and full list at www.kdnuggets.com/academic/
See also industry jobs in business analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science.
- PhD scholarships in Data Mining, Optimisation, AI, and related topics at U. University of Nottingham Ningbo, Ningbo, Cina. - Jul 29, 2016. The research projects are multidisciplinary in nature and will involve solving business problems related to designing, planning, controlling and improving of operations and management processes. The scholarships will be attractive to researchers from a range of industrial, engineering, computer science or management backgrounds. Apply by 15 Aug 2016
- Director for the Institute for CyberScience at Penn State, State College, PA. - Jul 28, 2016. The successful candidate will be an accomplished scholar with the vision and leadership to direct the ICS and its advanced computing resources.
- PhD student in pattern discovery for biology at U. of Antwerp, Antwerpen, Belgium. - Jul 26, 2016. Four year doctoral position for data scientist to develop and study novel pattern-mining algorithms to incorporate contextual biomolecular information in approaches to discover patterns that are novel, interesting and unexpected from high-scale biological data. Strong data science skills required, no prior biology knowledge expected.
- Research Fellow - Data Science at Monash U, Melbourne, Australia. - Jul 21, 2016. As the Research Fellow, you will play a critical role working with the staff and students of the faculty to conduct joint research with external industry and research partners applying advanced data analytics to solve scientific and industrial problems.
- Postdoc in Brain Injury in Contact Sports (Football, Soccer) at U. Texas Southwestern, Dallas, TX, USA. - Jul 21, 2016. Do you want to make sports safer for young athletes? Do you thrive on the challenge of analyzing rich datasets such as multimodal neuroimaging (MRI, MEG, EEG), biomechanical forces, & cognitive scores? If so we encourage you to check out our post-doc position to apply your machine learning skills to discover associations between head impacts, cognition and brain health.
- Postdoc in Deep Learning for Neuroimaging at U. Texas Southwestern, Dallas, TX, USA. - Jul 21, 2016. Do your strengths include deep learning algorithm development for big data analytics? Do you enjoy training CNNs with complex feature hierarchies? If so we encourage you to learn about our post-doc opening to use your skills to uncover neuroimaging (PET, MRI, MEG) correlates to guide clinical decision making & enable outcome predictions in brain injury & neurodegenerative diseases.
- Postdoc in Imaging Genetics and Machine Learning at U. Texas Southwestern, Dallas, TX, USA. - Jul 21, 2016. Are you interested in making a difference helping doctors combat neuropsychiatric and neurodevelopmental brain disorders? Would you like to bolster career success receiving close mentorship from interdisciplinary mentors? Click the link to learn about our post-doc opening and apply your experience in imaging & genomic data analysis and ML algorithm development.
- PhD student at Leiden University, The Netherlands. - Jul 19, 2016. How are tasks in data mining and data science best implemented? Languages such as Python, R, Matlab and C++ are popular choices. Are these languages however the easiest and the most scalable? This project will study the use of declarative languages in data science.
Top Stories Past 30 Days