Free MOOC: Business Analytics Using Forecasting – enroll now
A new iteration of a MOOC on business analytics using forecasting gets underway in October. Enroll today!
Prof. Galit Shmueli will be instructing a free massive-open-online-course (MOOC) on business analytics using forecasting. The course starts Oct 17, and enrollment is already open. This course focuses on forecasting time series, where past and present values are used to forecast future values of a series of interest. The course covers issues relating to different steps of the forecasting process, from goal definition, through data visualization, modeling, and performance evaluation to model deployment.
In this 6-week course, participants will:
- Learn how to define a forecasting task and workflow
- Understand how to evaluate forecasting performance
- Apply and be familiar with popular forecasting methods
- Explore, identify and model different types of patterns in time series
- Be able to implement a forecasting process in practice
- Familiarity with basic statistical methods including linear regression.
- Basic knowledge of Excel and R software.
The course is based on the new editions of the textbook Practical Time Series Forecasting: A Hands-On Guide (with R edition and XLMiner edition; softcover and Kindle versions available).