Call for bids to host KDD-2019, Premier Research Conference on Data Science and Data Mining
ACM SIGKDD Executive Committee hereby invites proposals to host the annual KDD Conference in 2019. The conference should take place in August 2019.
By Ankur Teredesai, SIGKDD.
KDD is the flagship conference of ACM SIGKDD and the premier research conference on data science and data mining. Proposals for hosting KDD-2019 should include information on (if you do not have all the information, please provide as much as possible):
- General chair(s)
- Local Arrangement Chair(s)
- Location (accessibility; conference venue, e.g., hotel or university; accommodations, e.g., hotels, motels, student dorms)
- Proposed dates
- Local data mining community (research and industry)
- Meeting venues (space for plenary sessions, tutorials, workshops, posters, exhibits)
- A/V equipment
- Budget estimates
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following site selection criteria (unordered):
- Experience of the team and familiarity with the KDD conference. We require the general chairs to have attended a KDD conference in recent years.
- Local KDD community support
- Local government and industry support
- Accessibility and attractiveness of the proposed site
- Adequacy of conference and exhibit facilities for the anticipated number of registrants
- Adequacy of budget projections and expected surplus
- Geographical and national balance with regard to the previous conferences in San Diego (2011), Beijing (2012), Chicago (2013), New York City (2014), Sydney (2015), San Francisco (2016), Halifax, Canada (2017), and London, UK (2018).
Please send proposals electronically to the SIGKDD Chair:
Bing Liu (email@example.com).
If you intend to submit a proposal, please let us know as soon as you can.