Evolving Education with Cognitive and Data Science, Oct 23
Evolving Education with Cognitive and Data Sciences brings together faculty, academic and industry leaders to explore how to rapidly evolve academic programs and research to satisfy the exploding demand for graduates skilled in cognitive and data sciences. Register today!
Register today for
Evolving Education with Cognitive and Data Sciences
Sunday, October 23rd 2016, 9am-7pm,
Four Seasons Ballroom, Las Vegas NV
Evolving Education with Cognitive and Data Sciences brings together faculty, academic and industry leaders to explore how to rapidly evolve academic programs and research to satisfy the exploding demand for graduates skilled in cognitive and data sciences - across all fields of study.
If you’re responsible for curriculum and program design, or for building the talent pool for your organization this event is tailor made for you. Learn how to outthink the skills gap.
This special event immediately precedes World of Watson in Las Vegas which runs from October 24th to 27th.
Keynote and closing panel:
- The future of Artificial Intelligence
by Michael Karasick, VP Cognitive Computing, IBM Research
- How should education evolve with cognitive and data science?
Closing panel hosted by Guru Banavar, Chief Science officer for Cognitive Computing, IBM Research
Hands-on workshops with emerging cognitive and data science technology
- Empower every student to have smarter data driven decision making
- Making data science a team sport
- Welcome to the cognitive era; a hands-on with Watson services
- The new internet of cognitive data driven things
Data Science Education
- Civic data as the material for learning: bridging the gap from the 4 year degree
Catherine Nikolovski, Hack Oregon
- The data science enabled professional
Brian Fitzgerald, Business-Higher Education Forum
- Building the data science profession
Yuri Demchenko, University of Amsterdam
- Data Science for Every Student at RPI
Peter Fox, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (30 minutes)
Cognitive Science Education
- Merging Tech & Marketing in a Cognitive World
Randy Hvalac, Northwestern
- Next generation cognitive curriculum
Jim Spohrer, IBM
- The nexus of society, data and cognitive sciences: Driving the evolution of curriculum
Nitesh Chawla, Notre Dame
- Co-Innovation Strategies for Empowering the Bottom of the Pyramid
Solomon Darwin UC Berkeley
- Cognitive as an enabler of tech entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia
Artemisa Jaramillo, Princess Noura University
- Experiences integrating Watson into my courses
Gordon Pipa, Universität Osnabrück
Cognitive & Data Science Research
- A Transdisciplinary Holodeck for Research, Education, and Innovation
Winslow Burleson, New York University
- The power of Cognitive Computing for the Internet of Things
- Computational Argumentation
Aya Soffer, IBM Research
Eleni Pratsini, IBM Research
Want to learn more about the future of cognitive and data sciences?
Spend the week at World of Watson following Evolving Education day with Cognitive and Data Sciences.
Join an elite group of thought leaders, top academics, inspired architects, data scientists, developers, engineers, inventors and business leaders to explore the future of artificial intelligence, cognitive systems, and data science.
Key themes for the week include:
- Transforming Industries
- Monetizing Data
- Reimagining Professions
- Redefining Development
Register today. Qualified academics receive special conference pricing.
Top Stories Past 30 Days