Learn Data Science for Excellence and not just for the Exams
Are you currently pursuing your masters in Data Science? Overwhelmed with Buzzwords and Information? Don’t know where and how to start your study? Then start with this article and a starter kit provided, but learn it for excellence and not just for the exams.
Apart from academics, soft skills are also important for analytics professionals. Good communication, team work, leadership and creativity, these skills can’t be learned from books or videos, you have to learn it by actually working on it. These days, in every big city, different technological meetups/conferences/datathons are regularly arranged by many experts and companies to share knowledge and learn from each other. Attending such events helps you to improve your skills to convey your ideas, to learn from other’s ideas and mistakes, to create your professional network and ultimately to be better than what you were yesterday.
Data Science Core Modules Starter Kit
This is just a starter kit, you can refer many other Data Science knowledge resources available on the Internet.
- Statistics PL01 – Data and Statistics
- Statistics PL03 – Descriptive Statistics II
- Statistics PL04 – Introduction to Probability
- Statistics PL05 – Discrete Probability Distributions
- Statistics PL06 – Continuous Probability Distributions
- Statistics PL07 – Sampling and Sampling Distributions
- Statistics PL08 – Interval Estimation
- Statistics PL09 – Hypothesis Tests
- Statistics PL10 – Inferences about Two Populations
- Statistics PL11 – Inferences about Population Variances
- Statistics PL12 – Goodness of Fit and Independence Tests
- Statistics PL13 – ANOVA (Analysis of Variance)
- Statistics PL14 – Simple Linear Regression
- Statistics PL15 – Multiple Regression
- Statistics PL16 – Logistic Regression
- Introduction to Data Science with R – Data Analysis Part 1 – YouTube
- Introduction to R for Data Mining
- Google Developer Python Course
- Pro Python Programming Course
- Java Programming – Step by Step tutorial
- Big Data and Hadoop 1 | Hadoop Tutorial 1 – YouTube
3. Database and Data Warehouse
- Introduction to Database Management Systems 1: Fundamental Concepts
- SQL for Beginners. Learn basics of SQL in 1 Hour
- SQL tutorials for beginners/ Oracle Database tutorials.
- Data Warehousing Tutorial Videos
4. Data Mining:
- Machine Learning (Coursera)
- Machine Learning with R Progressing, by Brett Lantz. (Book)
5. Data Visualization:
- Harvard i-lab | Data Visualization for Non-Programmers
- What is Tableau? – 1 | Data Visualization Tools | Tableau Tutorial for Beginners | Edureka
- Data Visualization Best Practices
Bio: Prasad Pore is a Business focused Analytics Consultant having 8 years of strong and diverse experience in IT and skills honed in business transformation, data engineering, statistical modelling, machine learning and project management. He holds Masters degree in Data Analytics with specialisation in Business and Bachelor of Engineering degree in Information Technology. He always likes to brainstorm about how technological innovations like mobile apps, IoT, block chain and data analytics can be utilised to help to make better business decisions.