2017 Feb News, Features
All (102) | Courses, Education (9) | Meetings (13) | News, Features (19) | Opinions, Interviews (27) | Software (5) | Tutorials, Overviews (23) | Webcasts & Webinars (6)
- Data Science vs Fake News Contest - Feb 27, 2017.
Submit a story that clearly exposes a false claim in the news, using data and visualization. This contest is sponsored by KDnuggets, Data For Democracy, and data.world. Submissions due March 10, 2017.
- Top Stories, Feb 20-26: The Anatomy of Deep Learning Frameworks; Gartner 2017 Magic Quadrant for Data Science Platforms - Feb 27, 2017.
The Anatomy of Deep Learning Frameworks; Gartner 2017 Magic Quadrant for Data Science Platforms; 17 More Must-Know Data Science Interview Questions and Answers; The Gentlest Introduction to Tensorflow - Part 3; The Origins of Big Data
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 15-21: curated list of top #DeepLearning papers; Hill for the #DataScientist: An xkcd Story - Feb 22, 2017.
Sir Austin Bradford Hill for the #DataScientist: An xkcd Story; Attacking #machinelearning with adversarial examples; Hans Rosling: An Appreciation - Great Data Scientist, Great Human #RIP; The Most Popular Language For #MachineLearning and #DataScience Is ...
- Data Scientists Strongly Oppose Trump Immigration Ban - Feb 21, 2017.
Latest poll of nearly 1000 analytics professionals and data scientists who read KDnuggets shows that 75% worldwide and 77% in the US oppose Trump Immigration Ban. The poll results reveal sharp polarization, with strong views prevailing on both sides.
- Top Stories, Feb 13-19: 17 More Must-Know Data Science Interview Questions and Answers • Removing Outliers Using Standard Deviation in Python - Feb 20, 2017.
17 More Must-Know Data Science Interview Questions and Answers • Removing Outliers Using Standard Deviation in Python • Natural Language Processing Key Terms, Explained • KDnuggets Top Blogger: An Interview with Brandon Rohrer
- Spark Streaming Innovation Contest - Feb 15, 2017.
Build a Spark application on StreamAnalytix, a real-time streaming analytics platform and win $10K. Register by March 31, 2017.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 08-14: 5 Free Courses for Getting Started in AI; Deep Learning for NLP at Oxford, course materials - Feb 15, 2017.
5 Free Courses for Getting Started in #AI; Python #DataScience tutorial: Making #Python Speak #SQL with pandasql; Course materials: #DeepLearning for Natural Language Processing at Oxford; Resources for Learning AI, courtesy of McGill #AI Society.
- Cartoon: Perfect Valentine’s Dates Found With Data Analysis - Feb 14, 2017.
New KDnuggets Cartoon shows one example where perfect Valentine's Dates can be found with scientific data analysis.
- KDnuggets Top Blogs and Bloggers in January 2017 - Feb 13, 2017.
We recognize our top blogs and bloggers in January, who wrote about Machine Learning, CyberSecurity, IoT, Pandas Cheat Sheet, Data Scientist - best job in America, Time Series, Deep Learning, and more.
- Top Stories, Feb 6-12: 5 Career Paths in Big Data and Data Science, Explained • So What is Big Data? - Feb 13, 2017.
5 Career Paths in Big Data and Data Science, Explained • So What is Big Data? • Making Python Speak SQL with pandasql • 52 Useful Machine Learning & Prediction APIs, updated • Deep Learning Research Review: NLP
- New Poll: Do you support Trump Immigration Ban? - Feb 9, 2017.
Express your opinion about Trump Immigration ban and find out what does Google Autocomplete offers when you search for "Trump Immigration".
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 01-07: Learning to Learn by Gradient Descent by Gradient Descent - Feb 8, 2017.
Also #DeepLearning Research Review: Natural Language Processing; K-Means, Other Clustering Algorithms: A Quick Intro with #Python; Why #DeepLearning Needs Assembler Hackers.
- Forrester Study: Companies Using Data Science Platforms Are Surpassing The Competition - Feb 8, 2017.
Companies that regularly exceed shareholder expectations have something in common: 88% of them use a fully functional platform to do data science work. Get the white paper from Forrester to learn more.
- Top January Stories: The Most Popular Language For Machine Learning and Data Science Is … - Feb 7, 2017.
Also 5 Machine Learning Projects You Can No Longer Overlook; Big Data and the Internet of Things don't make business smarter, Analytics and Data Science do.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, January: TensorFlow Updates; AlphaGo in the Wild; Self-Driving Mario Kart - Feb 7, 2017.
TensorFlow 1.0.0-alpha; Unknown bot repeatedly beats top Go players online - so far it's undefeated; TensorKart: self-driving MarioKart with TensorFlow; GTA V integration into Universe is now open-source; Keras will be added to core TensorFlow at Google
- Top Stories, Jan 30-Feb 5: Deep Learning Research Review: Natural Language Processing; Data Scientist – best job in America, again - Feb 6, 2017.
Deep Learning Research Review: Natural Language Processing; Data Scientist – best job in America, again; 5 Free Courses for Getting Started in Artificial Intelligence; Top R Packages for Machine Learning
- Data for Humanity – Open Letter - Feb 4, 2017.
The letter, signed by many leading computer experts, calls for 5 ethical principles when using data: Do no harm, help create peaceful coexistence, help vulnerable people, preserve and improve natural environment, and help create a fair world without discrimination.
- Top arXiv Papers, January: ConvNets Advances, Wide Instead of Deep, Adversarial Networks Win, Learning to Reinforcement Learn - Feb 3, 2017.
Check out the top arXiv Papers from January, covering convolutional neural network advances, why wide may trump deep, generative adversarial networks, learning to reinforcement learn, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 25-31: Python implementations of Andrew Ng #MachineLearning MOOC exercises - Feb 1, 2017.
#Python implementations of Andrew Ng #MachineLearning MOOC exercises; This repository contains the entire #Python #DataScience Handbook; What are the best #visualizations of #MachineLearning algorithms? Learn #TensorFlow and #DeepLearning, without a PhD.