2017 Mar News, Features
All (117) | Courses, Education (9) | Meetings (17) | News, Features (21) | Opinions, Interviews (27) | Software (4) | Tutorials, Overviews (35) | Webcasts & Webinars (4)
- Join CommBank to push the boundaries of what is, and what could be - Mar 30, 2017.
CommBank, Australia leading bank, is searching for smarter, faster and better solutions. Which is why we're investing in people like you. Talented analytics professionals ready for the next step in their career.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 22-28: Big #DataScience: Expectation vs. Reality - Mar 29, 2017.
Also A Gentle Introduction To Graph Theory; An Overview of #Python #DeepLearning Frameworks; The Great Algorithm Tutorial Roundup.
- Top Stories, Mar 20-26: What Is Data Science, What Does a Data Scientist Do?; The Most Underutilized Function in SQL - Mar 27, 2017.
What Is Data Science, and What Does a Data Scientist Do?; The Most Underutilized Function in SQL; Getting Started with Deep Learning; Getting Up Close and Personal with Algorithms; How to think like a data scientist to become one
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 15-21: Reverse-engineering a $500M AI company in one week; Climate Change Denial and CO2 Emissions - Mar 22, 2017.
Also Hastie, Tibshirani and Friedman - The Elements of Statistical Learning Book PDF; Getting Close and Personal w. #MachineLearning #Algorithms; Open Source Toolkits for Speech Recognition.
- Podcast: The Golden Age of Data Science, featuring Gregory Piatetsky - Mar 21, 2017.
How did a stuffed yellow elephant permanently intertwine itself in history? What is a data scientist? Why is right now the golden age for data science? Data Crunch podcast examines these questions with the help of Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro and Ryan Henning.
- Top Stories, Mar 13-19: 6 Business Concepts Data Science Unicorns Need; 50 Companies Leading The AI Revolution, Detailed - Mar 20, 2017.
Also 17 More Must-Know Data Science Interview Questions and Answers, Part 3; 7 Types of Data Scientist Job Profiles; Applying Machine Learning To March Madness
- We Didn’t Start The Big Data Fire - Mar 18, 2017.
A parody of Billy Joel's song 'We Didn't Start the Fire,' rewritten to include the accomplishments of various Big Data influencers.
- Breaking Data Science Open: How Open Data Science is Eating the World - Mar 17, 2017.
Grab this free book on Open Data Science, a movement that makes the open source tools of data science—data, analytics and computation—work together as a connected ecosystem.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 08-14: In-depth introduction to Machine Learning in 15 hours of expert videos - Mar 15, 2017.
Also: #ICYMI The #DataScience Project Playbook; Every Intro to #DataScience Course on the Internet, Ranked; Quick reference to #Python in a single script.
- Data Science Game, Machine learning competition for students - Mar 14, 2017.
Improve your skills and have fun with other talented students from all around the world. Reg by April 9, online qualification ends May 31, and final phase in Paris, Fall 2017.
- Cartoon: What Happens When AI Masters the March Madness - Mar 14, 2017.
March Madness college basketball phenomenon is underway. New KDnuggets Cartoon looks at what happens when AI masters the March Madness.
- Top Stories, Mar 6-12: What Makes a Good Data Science Visualization; A Ridiculously Specific Guide to Getting a Data Science Job - Mar 13, 2017.
What makes a good data visualization - a Data Scientist perspective; How to Get a Data Science Job: A Ridiculously Specific Guide; Visualizing Time-Series Change; Working With Numpy Matrices: A Handy First Reference; Beginner’s Guide to Customer Segmentation
- “Data For Climate Action” Challenge – call for research proposals - Mar 13, 2017.
The challenge is to harness data science and big data from the private sector to fight climate change. Data scientists, researchers, and innovators - submit proposals at DataForClimateAction.org by 10 April 2017.
- The HPI Future SOC Lab offers researchers free access to a powerful Big Data infrastructure - Mar 10, 2017.
The HPI Future SOC (Service-Oriented Computing) Lab is a cooperation of the Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI) and industrial partners, providing free access to a powerful Big Data & Computing infrastructure. It is now accepting project proposals for 2017.
- Free Online Books Explaining Big Data, Machine Learning, Blockchain and More - Mar 10, 2017.
It has been a challenge to keep up-to-date with new concepts from NoSQL, to machine learning, to Internet of things and blockchain, but Little Bee Books is here with free solutions to helping you do so.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 01-07: Google Unveils Neural Network with “Superhuman” Ability to Determine the Location of Almost Any Image - Mar 8, 2017.
Also Deep Forest: Towards An Alternative to Deep #NeuralNetworks; An Overview of #Python #DeepLearning Frameworks; The Gentlest Introduction to Tensorflow - Part 2.
- Top February Stories: 17 More Must-Know Data Science Interview Questions and Answers; 5 Career Paths in Big Data and Data Science, Explained - Mar 7, 2017.
Also Gartner 2017 Magic Quadrant for Data Science Platforms: gainers and losers; An Overview of Python Deep Learning Frameworks.
- Minitab buys Salford Systems, a leading data mining innovator - Mar 6, 2017.
Latest acquisition adds best-in-class predictive analytics tools to Minitab’s array of data-driven products and services.
- Top Stories, Feb 27-Mar 5: 7 More Steps to Mastering Machine Learning With Python; An Overview of Python Deep Learning Frameworks - Mar 6, 2017.
7 More Steps to Mastering Machine Learning With Python; An Overview of Python Deep Learning Frameworks; Every Intro to Data Science Course on the Internet, Ranked; The Data Science Project Playbook; Hadoop Is Falling – Why?; Every Intro to Data Science Course on the Internet, Ranked
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, February: Oxford Deep NLP Course; Data Visualization for Scikit-learn Results - Mar 6, 2017.
Oxford Deep NLP Course; scikit-plot: Data Visualization for Scikit-learn Results; Machine Learning at Berkeley's ML Crash Course: Neural Networks; Predicting parking difficulty with machine learning; TensorFlow 1.0 Release
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 22-28: 50 Companies Leading the #AI Revolution; #AI Nanodegree Program Syllabus - Mar 1, 2017.
50 Companies Leading the #AI Revolution; #AI Nanodegree Program Syllabus: Term 1, In Depth; What is a Support Vector Machine, and Why Would I Use it?; 6 Easy Steps to Learn Naive #Bayes Algorithm (with code in #Python).