New Book: Mining Your Own Business
It's an easy-to-read, practical primer for C-level to mid-level executives about how to harness the power of analytics to increase organizational effectiveness.
Mining Your Own Business: A Primer for Executives on Understanding and Employing Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
By Jeff Deal and Gerhard Pilcher
In this practical guide for organizational leaders and top-level executives, industry experts Jeff Deal and Gerhard Pilcher explain in clear, understandable English ...
- What data mining and predictive analytics are
- Why they are such powerful management tools
- How to establish and manage a data science service
Data mining and predictive analytics have been much in the news of late. In spite of all the hype there's a lot of confusion about what these powerful decision-making tools are, how they function, and how they can best be utilized.
That's why we wrote this book. It's an easy-to-read, practical primer for C-level to mid-level executives about how to harness the power of analytics to increase organizational effectiveness. If you're a leader in an enterprise-level organization or a consultant to such organizations, you will find this book to be a useful introduction to the field and a valuable resource you'll refer to again and again.
When John Elder started Elder Research back in 1995, data analytics was in its infancy. As early visionaries, we not only witnessed this revolution in management practice, we helped to create it. And we're still doing that today!
Over the past two decades, Elder Research has served hundreds of clients in industry, government, and academia. We've acquired a wealth of information about what works and what doesn't, and in the pages of this book we share this inside knowledge with you. Below are some of the topics included:
- How to foster an analytic culture
- When and where data analytics can be most useful
- How the analytic process works from beginning to end
- How to organize, staff, and manage data analytics initiatives
- How to build, implement, and evaluate data analytics models
- When and how to hire analytics consultants
- How to approach the decision of what analytics software to purchase
- How to avoid the most common data analytics mistakes
- How to integrate analytics into everyday workflows
Trade soft cover and ebook
Published by Data Science Publishing Click for more information.