2017 Jul News, Features
All (100) | Courses, Education (4) | Meetings (15) | News, Features (16) | Opinions, Interviews (26) | Software (2) | Tutorials, Overviews (30) | Webcasts & Webinars (7)
- Top Stories, Jul 24-30: When not to use Deep Learning; 6 Reasons Why Python Is Suddenly Super Popular - Jul 31, 2017.
Also: Machine Learning Exercises in Python: An Introductory Tutorial Series; Introduction to Neural Networks, Advantages and Applications; The Internet of Things: An Introductory Tutorial Series; The BI & Data Analysis Conundrum: 8 Reasons Why Many Big Data Analytics Solutions Fail to Deliver Value
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 19-25: 5 Free Resources for Getting Started with #DeepLearning for NLP; 10 Free Must-Read Books for ML, DS - Jul 26, 2017.
Also: 10 Free Must-Read Books for #MachineLearning and #DataScience; 4 cases when not to use #DeepLearning; #Internet speed and cost by country
- SIGKDD Elects Jian Pei as Chair, Michael Zeller Treasurer, New Executive Committee - Jul 25, 2017.
New SIGKDD chair will be Dr. Jian Pei. He says SIGKDD must continue serving academia and industry in a balanced and innovative manner.
- Top Stories, Jul 17-23: Machine Learning Applied to Big Data, Explained; 5 Free Resources for Getting Started with Deep Learning for Natural Language Processing - Jul 24, 2017.
Also: How GDPR Affects Data Science,AI and Deep Learning, Explained Simply; Are Most Machine Learning Experts Turning to Deep Learning?; Design by Evolution: How to evolve your neural network with AutoML
- IEEE ICDM 2017 Call For Award Nominations, due Aug 15 - Jul 20, 2017.
Nominations sought for outstanding research and service contributions in the field of data mining and data science.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 12-18: 10 Free #MustRead Books for #MachineLearning and #DataScience; Why #AI and Machine Learning? - Jul 19, 2017.
Also top 32 Reasons #DataScience Projects and Teams Fail; Text Classifier Algorithms in #MachineLearning; The 4 Types of #Data #Analytics: Descriptive, Diagnostic ...
- Top Stories, Jul 10-16: The 4 Types of Data Analytics; What Are Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning? - Jul 17, 2017.
Also: The Strange Loop in Deep Learning; How to Build a Data Science Pipeline; Automated Machine Learning - A Paradigm Shift That Accelerates Data Scientist Productivity; Medical Image Analysis with Deep Learning, Part 4
- Cartoon: The First Ever Self-Driving, Deep Learning Grill - Jul 15, 2017.
New KDnuggets Cartoon looks at what happens when self-driving craze collides with the traditional summer pastime of grilling.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 05-11: 10 Free Must-Read Books for #MachineLearning and #DataScience; Why AI and Machine Learning? - Jul 12, 2017.
Also great overview: Unintuitive properties of #NeuralNetworks; #Apache #Flink vs #Spark: The Strange Loop in #DeepLearning - the coolest idea in #MachineLearning in 20 yrs;
- Top June Stories: Top 15 Python Libraries for Data Science in 2017 - Jul 11, 2017.
Also 6 Interesting Things You Can Do with Python on Facebook Data; 7 Steps to Mastering Data Preparation with Python.
- Predictive Analytics Times – Highlighted Exclusives - Jul 10, 2017.
Analytics 101: Assessing Project Value, Employee Life Time Value and Cost Modeling, Closing the Loop with Predictive Product Performance, and more.
- Top Stories Jul 3-9: Applying Deep Learning to Real-world Problems; Advice to your younger Data Scientist Self? - Jul 10, 2017.
Also Top 15 Python Libraries for Data Science in 2017; Apache Flink: The Next Distributed Data Processing Revolution?
- New Poll: Will society become better from increased automation, AI, and Machine Learning? - Jul 9, 2017.
What will be the impact on human society and human welfare of increased automation, AI, and Machine Learning? Please vote.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 28-Jul 4: Cheat Sheet of #MachineLearning and #Python Cheat Sheets; Learning #DeepLearning with #Keras - Jul 5, 2017.
Also: Train your #deeplearning model faster and sharper — two novel techniques; Lecture Collection - Natural Language Processing with #DeepLearning (Winter 2017) [Stanford]; #ICYMI 10 Free Must-Read Books for #MachineLearning and #DataScience
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, June: NumPy Gets Funding; ML Cheat Sheets For All; Hot Dog or Not?!? - Jul 3, 2017.
NumPy receives first ever funding, thanks to Moore Foundation; Cheat Sheets for deep learning and machine learning; How HBO’s Silicon Valley built “Not Hotdog” with mobile TensorFlow & Keras; Andrej Karpathy leaves OpenAI for Tesla; Machine, a machine learning IDE
- Top Stories, Jun 26-Jul 2: Top 10 Quora Machine Learning Writers and Their Best Advice; Applying Deep Learning to Real-world Problems - Jul 3, 2017.
Top 10 Quora Machine Learning Writers and Their Best Advice, Updated, Applying Deep Learning to Real-world Problems; Using the TensorFlow API: An Introductory Tutorial Series; Text Clustering: Get quick insights from Unstructured Data; Why Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning?