2017 Sep News, Features
All (108) | Courses, Education (9) | Meetings (14) | News, Features (23) | Opinions, Interviews (22) | Tutorials, Overviews (33) | Webcasts & Webinars (7)
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 20-26: 30 Essential #DataScience, #MachineLearning & #DeepLearning Cheat Sheets - Sep 27, 2017.
Also: Older news, but still inspiring: #Harvard Thinks It Found the Next #Einstein; Putting #MachineLearning in Production - how to guide.
- Top 10 Active Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning Influencers on LinkedIn, Updated - Sep 26, 2017.
Looking for advice? Guidance? Stories? We’ve put a list of the top ten LinkedIn influencers of the last three months, follow them and stay up-to-date with the latest news in Big Data, Data Science, Analytics, Machine Learning and AI.
- Visualizing High Dimensional Data In Augmented Reality - Sep 25, 2017.
When Data Scientists first get a data set, they oftne use a matrix of 2D scatter plots to quickly see the contents and relationships between pairs of attributes. But for data with lots of attributes, such analysis does not scale.
- Spark – The Definitive Guide – exclusive preview - Sep 25, 2017.
Get an exclusive preview of "Spark: The Definitive Guide" from Databricks! Learn how Spark runs on a cluster, see examples in SQL, Python and Scala, Learn about Structured Streaming and Machine Learning and more.
- Top Stories, Sep 18-24: Essential Data Science & Machine Learning Cheat Sheets; How To Become a 10x Data Scientist - Sep 25, 2017.
30 Essential Data Science, Machine Learning & Deep Learning Cheat Sheets; How To Become a 10x Data Scientist; 5 Machine Learning Projects You Can No Longer Overlook – Episode VI; Ensemble Learning to Improve Machine Learning Results; Putting Machine Learning in Production
- Benchmarking Big Data SQL Platforms in the Cloud - Sep 21, 2017.
TPC-DS benchmarks demonstrate Databricks Runtime 3.0's superior performance. Sign-up for a Databricks account to get fastest performance.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 13-19: Top Books on NLP; What Else Can AI Guess From Your Face? - Sep 20, 2017.
Also: The Ten Fallacies of Data Science; #Python #Pandas tips and tricks; Geoff Hinton says we need to start all over.
- How to Get Ready for AI and Machine Learning - Sep 20, 2017.
AI and machine learning have hit the mainstream, spanning consumer devices to enterprise initiatives. Experts say change is coming fast - if you don't have a plan, are you behind the curve?
- Cool Vendor status for CrowdFlower means SF best ice cream for you - Sep 19, 2017.
Schedule a time to see a demo of the CrowdFlower platform and see how we empower data scientists to train, test, and tune machine learning for a human world. We’ll hook you up with some of San Francisco's best ice cream!
- Using Apache SystemML(tm) with Hortonworks Data Platform - Sep 18, 2017.
Learn how to add Apache SystemML to an existing Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) 2.6.1 cluster for Apache Spark. Users interested in Python, Scala, Spark, or Zeppelin can run Apache SystemML as described here.
- Top Stories, Sep 11-17: Python vs R – Who Is Really Ahead in Data Science, Machine Learning?; Data Science and the Imposter Syndrome - Sep 18, 2017.
Also: New-Age Machine Learning Algorithms in Retail Lending; Top 10 Machine Learning Use Cases: Part 2; Python vs R for Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Data Science; Python overtakes R, becomes the leader in Data Science, Machine Learning platforms
- Cartoon: What Else Can AI Guess From Your Face? - Sep 16, 2017.
Recent story about AI able to guess if a person is gay or straight from their photo led us to think what else can AI guess from your face.
- Texata 2017 Big Data World Championships – free entry for KDnuggets readers - Sep 15, 2017.
TEXATA is the annual Big Data Analytics World Championships - business case-study competition with two online qualification rounds (4 hours each) and Top 12 Live World Finals held in Austin. Use TEXATA37856C for free entry for KDnuggets readers.
- Data Science Study of “Unite The Right” and social media - Sep 14, 2017.
In response to the violence in Charlottesville, the Data Science Institute at the U. of Virginia is undertaking a unique project to help understand the ways people use social media to physically, and politically engage in the world around them.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 06-12: Visualizing Cross-validation Code; Intro to #Blockchain and #BigData - Sep 13, 2017.
Also: WTF #Python - A collection of interesting and tricky Python examples; Thoughts after taking @AndrewYNg #Deeplearning #ai course; Another #Keras Tutorial For #NeuralNetwork Beginners.
- Top Stories, Sep 4-10: Putting the “Science” Back in Data Science; A Vision for Making Deep Learning Simple - Sep 11, 2017.
Also: Python overtakes R, becomes the leader in Data Science, Machine Learning platforms; I built a chatbot in 2 hours and this is what I learned; Closing the Insights-to-Action Gap; Are Data Lakes Fake News?; Visualizing Cross-validation Code
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, August: Andrew Ng is back at it; Reinforcement Learning makes a splash; Fixing your ANN - Sep 8, 2017.
Andrew Ng announces new Deep Learning specialization on Coursera; DeepMind and Blizzard open StarCraft II as an AI research environment; OpenAI bot beat best Dota 2 players in 1v1 at The International 2017; My Neural Network isn't working! What should I do?; Deep Learning Neural Networks Play Path of Exile
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 30 – Sep 5: Python overtakes R, becomes the leader in #DataScience; Humble Book Bundle: #DataScience - Sep 6, 2017.
Also: Pandas tips and tricks #Python #DataScience; How I replicated an $86 million project in 57 lines of code; Future #MachineLearning Class.
- Top August Stories: Python overtakes R, becomes the leader in Data Science, Machine Learning platforms - Sep 6, 2017.
Also 42 Steps to Mastering Data Science; Deep Learning is not the AI future; Data Science Primer; The Rise of GPU Databases; What AI Can and cannot do.
- New books on Data Science and Machine Learning from Chapman & Hall/CRC Press – Save 20% - Sep 5, 2017.
New books on Data Science and Analytics with Python, Large-Scale Machine Learning in the Earth Sciences, and Social Networks with Rich Edge Semantics - save 20% with code JWR38.
- Top Stories, Aug 28-Sep 3: Python Overtakes R in Data Science, Machine Learning; 277 Data Science Key Terms - Sep 4, 2017.
Also: How to Become a Data Scientist: The Definitive Guide; Top 10 Machine Learning Use Cases; Vital Statistics You Never Learned… Because They’re Never Taught; Deep Learning is not the AI future; 42 Steps to Mastering Data Science
- Cartoon: Future Machine Learning Class - Sep 2, 2017.
New KDnuggets Cartoon looks at an unusual but possible future Machine Learning Class.
- WCAI Analytics Accelerator Challenge - Sep 1, 2017.
Wharton Customer Analytics Initiative is looking to provide implementable solutions to companies most pressing marketing and analytics problems. Apply by Sep 25 to get a team of top Penn students work on your problem.