2017 Oct News, Features
All (117) | Courses, Education (7) | Meetings (18) | News, Features (18) | Opinions, Interviews (29) | Top Stories, Tweets (10) | Tutorials, Overviews (29) | Webcasts & Webinars (6)
- 2 Machine Learning-related domain names for sale: Trendr.com and Predictive.ly - Oct 31, 2017.
Trendr.com is a great brand for companies performing any data analysis on trends. Predictive.ly is a perfect brand for a predictive analytics, machine learning, or data science company.
- 6 Books Every Data Scientist Should Keep Nearby - Oct 31, 2017.
The best way to stay in touch is to continue brushing up on your knowledge while also maintaining experience. It’s the perfect storm or combination of skills to help you succeed in the industry.
- KDnuggets now a secure site, change in FB counts, and our most liked content - Oct 31, 2017.
KDnuggets has recently converted to a secure https access which reset our facebook "like" counts. However, we saved the data - see which pages were most liked.
- Multichannel Marketing Attribution with DataRobot – download the report - Oct 27, 2017.
This new report from DataRobot explains the importance of multichannel, multi-touch attribution to accurately measure the success of your marketing efforts — and how automated machine learning offers the shortest path to success.
- XGBoost: A Concise Technical Overview - Oct 27, 2017.
Interested in learning the concepts behind XGBoost, rather than just using it as a black box? Or, are you looking for a concise introduction to XGBoost? Then, this article is for you. Includes a Python implementation and links to other basic Python and R codes as well.
- Recommendation Engines and Real-time personalization – download guidebook - Oct 26, 2017.
Recommendation engines are effective because they expose users to content they may not have otherwise found. For a step-by-step guide on building an effective recommendation engine from the ground up, check out our latest guidebook.
- Build, Test and Run Spark Applications at No Cost with StreamAnalytix Visual Spark Studio - Oct 25, 2017.
Experience the Ease and Speed of Building Spark Application on Your Desktop. Free to download and use!
- Kanri Distance Calculator Free License Version with Demo - Oct 23, 2017.
Kanri invites you to a demo where you can receive a free version of the Kanri Distance Calculator, analytics software that takes big data and individualizes results down to individual participant.
- New Poll: When will demand for Data Scientists/Machine Learning experts begin to decline? - Oct 23, 2017.
New KDnuggets Poll examines how long the current high demand for Data Scientists/Machine Learning experts will last. Please vote and we will analyze and report the results.
- Data Science Salary Report 2018 – participate - Oct 23, 2017.
Take part in a survey for a global Data Science salary report, which examines the average pay of Data Scientists across the world, reasons for leaving current employers, ideal locations to live and work in, the most common and desirable areas of research/projects and more. Only 5 mins to complete.
- Data Scientist Guide to Apache Spark - Oct 20, 2017.
Learn how data scientists can leverage Spark for advanced analytics with The Data Scientist’s Guide to Apache Spark, from Databricks!
- Voices in AI – great conversations with leaders in AI, Machine Learning, Data Science - Oct 19, 2017.
New Voices in AI podcast features conversations with top thinkers in the field, including Yoshua Bengio, Oren Etzioni, Jeff Dean, Daphne Koller, and Nick Bostrom. I am very honored to be in such company (on episode 11).
- Download NVIDIA DGX Systems eBook - Oct 17, 2017.
In this eBook, you will learn how NVIDIA DGX Systems offer the fastest path to AI and deep learning, how to spend more time focused on experimentation and less time wrestling with IT, and using DGX Systems include access to NVIDIA-optimized deep learning frameworks.
- KDD Impact Program to support Data Science projects with positive impact on society - Oct 16, 2017.
The KDD Impact Program is looking to fund projects that have potential for a significant impact on society, expand outreach of data science, and strengthen the community, with grants of $10k-$100k for each project. Submission deadline is Dec 1, 2017.
- Introducing R-Brain: A New Data Science Platform - Oct 11, 2017.
R-Brain is a next generation platform for data science built on top of Jupyterlab with Docker, which supports not only R, but also Python, SQL, has integrated intellisense, debugging, packaging, and publishing capabilities.
- Monty Hall chooses the final exit door - Oct 7, 2017.
Monty Hall, the game show host, died last week. He was the host of the popular show "Let's Make a Deal", where contestants try to guess which one of 3 doors hides a valuable prize.
- Make Your Data Mean More With Derived Variables - Oct 4, 2017.
The chapter begins with modeling customer attrition in the cell phone industry, moves to a review of several classic variable combinations, and offers guidelines for the creation of derived variables.
- The Data Science Success Kit - Oct 3, 2017.
The Data Science Success Kit is designed to get you to data science success quickly. Don't delay, offer ends October 31, 2017.