A Course in Semantic Technologies for Designing a Proof-of-Concept
Ontotext live, online training designed to improve understanding of how Semantic Technology operates to help you make best use of it. Sign up by Oct 5 to save.
By Ivelina Nikolova, PhD and Natural Language Processing Engineer at Ontotext
Have you ever considered delivering a project that utilizes Semantic Technology or a Graph Database to validate your business case?
One reason that drives people away from the direct application of such technology is that it is often considered too technical and hard to implement. While somewhat true, this is also misguided. There is simply a lack of organized, consistent resources focused on practical knowledge.
This is one challenge we want to address with Ontotext's live, online training.
It is meant to help people in their understanding, both technical and non-technical, of how Semantic Technology operates so that they can put it to a good use.
This training is a great chance to get a head start and receive professional guidance by leading SemTech experts. You will get a full week of tutorials, exercises and hands-on practical assignments and the opportunity to address your project's specific challenges.
During the training, we take a look at the broad range of advantages Semantic Technology offers such as the integration of dynamic data from virtually unlimited sources, flexible data modeling, automated knowledge discovery, and data integration with Linked Open Data resources. We also focus on practical implementation scenarios via hands-on demonstration of building a small Proof-of-Concept project with high-level applications on top of a graph database.
The course will present:
- a comprehensive overview of the Semantic Technology standards;
- an introduction to GraphDB - a semantic graph database, compliant with the W3C Standards;
- hands-on experience with cleaning, transforming and loading data in GraphDB;
- practical knowledge of querying, manipulating and restructuring your data;
- a demonstration of SemTech in use
- an opportunity to discuss a specific use case by scheduling an individual consultation with one of Ontotext's experts.
- Preparation (Three hours of video tutorials and two hours of practical assignments): Thu, Oct 12 – Wed, Oct 18
- Live Class in a virtual classroom (Four hours and a half worth of hands-on practical assignments): Oct 19, 15-20 GMT, 10 am - 3 pm ET