A degree in Health Informatics will prepare you to:
- For the basics of programming to cutting-edge statistical and machine learning methods.
- Apply 'big data' to large medical datasets and clinical applications
- Design advanced information systems for international health organizations
- Reduce disparities in underserved populations using advanced technology
- Learn to create mobile health apps and understand the latest information technologies.
The University of San Francisco offers unique advantage for health informatics candidates due to its proximity to silicon valley and the dense network of pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, startups and other healthcare institutions that are looking for skilled workers and entrepreneurs who can innovate and spearhead the transformation of our healthcare system.
Our motto, “Change the World From Here”, is more than just an advertising slogan. Our graduates seek to start new companies, find new ways to use clinical data, and especially to develop technology to reach the most vulnerable and underserved members of society. We encourage you to join us in this exciting adventure.
Office of Graduate Admissions
School of Nursing and Health Professions
University of San Francisco