2018 Feb Opinions, Interviews
All (100) | Courses, Education (3) | Meetings (19) | News, Features (10) | Opinions, Interviews (22) | Top Stories, Tweets (9) | Tutorials, Overviews (33) | Webcasts & Webinars (4)
- How data science can improve retail - Mar 1, 2018.
We’re going to take a look at a few surprising ways that data science can increase your sales, both offline and online.
- Justice Can’t Be Colorblind: How to Fight Bias with Predictive Policing - Feb 28, 2018.
Predictive policing uncovers racial inequity, which it threatens to perpetuate - but, if we turn things around, it also presents an unprecedented opportunity to advance social justice.
- The Current Hype Cycle in Artificial Intelligence - Feb 28, 2018.
Over the past decade, the field of artificial intelligence (AI) has seen striking developments. As surveyed in, there now exist over twenty domains in which AI programs are performing at least as well as (if not better than) humans.
- Aspiring Data Scientists – 4 Steps To Get Hired - Feb 27, 2018.
The most common complaints we see from candidates who have faced rejection are lack of experience, education level requirements, lack of opportunities for Freshers, overly demanding and confusing job role requirements.
- How Machine Learning is Advancing Data Centers - Feb 26, 2018.
Big Data revolution led to the explosion in Data Centers, which are consuming energy at increasingly higher rate. This blog reviews 2 standard methods for improving data center efficiency and argues that 3rd method - Machine Learning - is the best solution.
- The New Neural Internet is Coming - Feb 23, 2018.
The Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) are the first step of neural networks technology learning creativity.
- Where AI is already rivaling humans - Feb 20, 2018.
Since 2011, AI hit hypergrowth, and researchers have created several AI solutions that are almost as good as – or better than – humans in several domains, including games, healthcare, computer vision and object recognition, speech to text conversion, speaker recognition, and improved robots and chat-bots for solving specific problems.
- Graph Databases Burst into the Mainstream - Feb 19, 2018.
What do Amazon, Facebook, Google, IBM, Microsoft and Twitter have in common? They're all adopters of graph databases - a hot technology that continues to evolve.
- Resurgence of AI During 1983-2010 - Feb 16, 2018.
We discuss supervised learning, unsupervised learning and reinforcement learning, neural networks, and 6 reasons that helped AI Research and Development to move ahead.
- Big Data: Promises, Challenges and Threats - Feb 16, 2018.
Marketing researchers are wondering what lies ahead for big data. Marketing Scientist Kevin Gray asks Professor Koen Pauwels for his thoughts.
- Histogram 202: Tips and Tricks for Better Data Science - Feb 15, 2018.
We show how to make an ideal histogram, share some tips, and give examples. Let's dive into the world of binning.
- Neural network AI is simple. So… Stop pretending you are a genius - Feb 15, 2018.
This post may come off as a rant, but that’s not so much its intent, as it is to point out why we went from having very few AI experts, to having so many in so little time.
- 3 principles for solving AI Dilemma: Optimization vs Explanation - Feb 14, 2018.
We propose 3 principles for maximizing the benefits of machine learning without sacrificing its intelligence.
- The Birth of AI and The First AI Hype Cycle - Feb 13, 2018.
A dazzling review of AI History, from Alan Turing and Turing Test, to Simon and Newell and Logic Theorist, to Marvin Minsky and Perceptron, birth of Rule-based systems and Machine Learning, Eliza - first chatbot, Robotics, and the bust which led to first AI Winter.
- Interview: Bill Moreau, USOC on Empowering World’s Best Athletes through Analytics. - Feb 12, 2018.
CNBC recently quoted this KDnuggets interview which discussed how United States Olympic Committee uses Big Data, how athletes respond to Analytical insights, integration of sports medicine into sports performance and sports injury.
- 4 Things You Probably Didn’t Know Machine Learning and AI was used for - Feb 12, 2018.
AI was compared to the discovery of fire, but its impact hinges on how creative we are with the technology—just like it did for early humans employing fire. Here are four diverse examples of applied AI to get your creative juices flowing.
- Which Machine Learning Algorithm be used in year 2118? - Feb 9, 2018.
So what were the answers popping in your head ? Random forest, SVM, K means, Knn or even Deep Learning? No, for the answer, we turn to Lindy Effect.
- Why Data Scientists Must Know About Change Management - Feb 8, 2018.
Change management may be seen as an opposite to data science, but in reality both are related. Without proper implementation, a data science project fails.
- 2018 Predictions for the Analytics & Data Science Hiring Market - Feb 6, 2018.
What do you think of this year’s predictions? Do you see any new tools on the horizon, or do you believe data science popularity is due for a reckoning of sorts?
- The Doing Part of Learning Data Science - Feb 6, 2018.
Consider this a beginner’s answer to “Studied Basics, What Next?”
- Future Trends in Biometrics - Feb 5, 2018.
Biometric identification is moving from the realm of high -tech movie scenes to everyday use. The science is already changing physical and cyber security.
- Generalists Dominate Data Science - Feb 2, 2018.
An interesting insight into why small teams generalists outperform large teams of specialists.