2018 Jun Opinions, Interviews
All (96) | Courses, Education (6) | Meetings (8) | News, Features (9) | Opinions, Interviews (24) | Top Stories, Tweets (8) | Tutorials, Overviews (37) | Webcasts & Webinars (4)
- Modern Graph Query Language – GSQL - Jun 29, 2018.
This post introduces the prospect of fulfilling the need for a modern graph query language with GSQL
- Using Topological Data Analysis to Understand the Behavior of Convolutional Neural Networks - Jun 28, 2018.
Neural Networks are powerful but complex and opaque tools. Using Topological Data Analysis, we can describe the functioning and learning of a convolutional neural network in a compact and understandable way.
- Analyzing Personalization Results - Jun 27, 2018.
The 4th part of this series will help answer the following questions: “Should I improve something or make changes to the system? Can it work more effectively? Can I squeeze the lion’s share of it?”
- 5 Data Science Projects That Will Get You Hired in 2018 - Jun 26, 2018.
A portfolio of real-world projects is the best way to break into data science. This article highlights the 5 types of projects that will help land you a job and improve your career.
- Why the Data Lake Matters - Jun 22, 2018.
This post outlines why the data lake matters, outlining the complexity of a data lake and taking a look at its evolution over time.
- What is it like to be a machine learning engineer in 2018? - Jun 21, 2018.
A personal account as to why 2018 is going to be a fun year for machine learning engineers.
- Technical Content Personalization - Jun 20, 2018.
Part 3 of this series moves on from segmenting audiences to the technological side of the process.
- 5 Key Takeaways from Strata London 2018 - Jun 19, 2018.
5 highlights and thoughts from my attendance to Strata London 2018.
- Every time someone runs a correlation coefficient on two time series, an angel loses their wings - Jun 18, 2018.
We all know correlation doesn’t equal causality at this point, but when working with time series data, correlation can lead you to come to the wrong conclusion.
- How should I organize a larger data science team? - Jun 15, 2018.
VP of Data Science is asking opinions on how should he organize a larger Data Science team.
- How to spot a beginner Data Scientist - Jun 15, 2018.
When beginning life as a data scientist, there are some clear signs that give it away...
- Statistics, Causality, and What Claims are Difficult to Swallow: Judea Pearl debates Kevin Gray - Jun 15, 2018.
While KDnuggets takes no side, we present the informative and respectful back and forth as we believe it has value for our readers. We hope that you agree.
- Data Lake – the evolution of data processing - Jun 14, 2018.
This post examines the evolution of data processing in data lakes, with a particular focus on the concepts, architecture and technology criteria behind them.
- Advice For Applying To Data Science Jobs - Jun 13, 2018.
A comprehensive guide to applying for a job in data science, covering the application, interview and offer stage.
- Which Data Profession Has The Highest Job Satisfaction? - Jun 12, 2018.
KDnuggets poll compares Machine Learning Engineer, Researcher, Data Scientist and other professions and identifies one with the highest job satisfaction. Job satisfaction usually starts high, but drops significantly after 4 years on the job.
- Why you need to improve your training data, and how to do it - Jun 11, 2018.
This article examines the way you need to improve your training data and how it can be accomplished, including speech commands, choosing the right data, picking a model fast and more.
- How (dis)similar are my train and test data? - Jun 7, 2018.
This articles examines a scenario where your machine learning model can fail.
- Netflix Data Science Interview Questions: Acing the AI Interview - Jun 7, 2018.
Gain some perspective on the Netflix interview process, and on ways to prepare for just such an industry interview.
- The 6 components of Open-Source Data Science/ Machine Learning Ecosystem; Did Python declare victory over R? - Jun 6, 2018.
We find 6 tools form the modern open source Data Science / Machine Learning ecosystem; examine whether Python declared victory over R; and review which tools are most associated with Deep Learning and Big Data.
- Football World Cup 2018 Predictions: Germany vs Brazil in the final, and more - Jun 5, 2018.
Looking ahead to the FIFA World Cup that kicks off this month (14th June), we have created the official KDnuggets predictions.
- ioModel Machine Learning Research Platform – Open Source - Jun 5, 2018.
This article introduces ioModel, an open source research platform that ingests data and automatically generates descriptive statistics on that data.
- Resources For Women In Data Science and Machine Learning - Jun 4, 2018.
A comprehensive list of resources for Women in Data Science and Machine Learning, including a list of useful tech groups and published lists for finding Women speakers.
- The Future of Artificial Intelligence: Is Your Job Under Threat? - Jun 1, 2018.
This article examines the rapid growth of artificial intelligence: how we got to this point, the future AI job market and what can be done.
- The Book of Why - Jun 1, 2018.
Judea Pearl has made noteworthy contributions to artificial intelligence, Bayesian networks, and causal analysis. These achievements notwithstanding, Pearl holds some views many statisticians may find odd or exaggerated.