A FREE Live Online Conference For Aspiring Data Scientists & Data-Curious Business Leaders
Demystifying Data Science - a completely free, live online conference for aspiring data scientists and data-curious business professionals, July 24-25. Experience 28 interactive data science talks from industry-leading speakers. Register now!
On July 24-25, Metis, a leader in data science education, will host Demystifying Data Science - a completely free, live online conference for aspiring data scientists and data-curious business professionals. From 10am - 5pm both days, attendees will experience a total of 28 interactive data science talks from industry-leading speakers.
Here’s just a sampling of the awesome speakers on the schedule:
- Day 1 Keynote: Lillian Pierson, CEO of Data-Mania LLC and author of Data Science for Dummies
- Day 2 Keynote: Beth Comstock, Change Maker, Author, and Former Vice Chair of GE
- Mico Yuk, Chief Executive Officer, BI-Brainz Group | Author, Data Visualization for Dummies
- Kirk Borne, Principal Data Scientist, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Jake Vanderplas, Director of Open Software, University of Washington - eScience Institute
- Kamelia Aryafar, Vice President, Head of Data Science, Overstock
- Jennifer Prendki, VP of Machine Learning, Figure Eight
Day 1 (July 24): For Aspiring Data Scientists
Day one offers 14 speakers who will demystify data science by discussing the training, tools, and career paths to the best job in the United States (ranked as such for the 3rd year in a row by Glassdoor). The day’s keynote talk will be given by Lillian Pierson, CEO of Data-Mania LLC and author of Data Science for Dummies. She’s a data strategist, trainer, and tech business coach who improves career prospects of tech professionals by teaching them the tools, principles, and practices they need to grow their brands and income.
Day 2 (July 25): For Data Curious Business Leaders
On day two,14 speakers will explain how data science applies to you and what needs to be done to integrate it into your organization. Attendees will hear a keynote talk from Beth Comstock, change maker, author, and former Vice Chair of General Electric. Her mission is to understand what’s next, navigate change, and help people and organizations do the same.
What to Expect:
Each talk will be an 18-minute live presentation followed by a Q&A session with questions sourced from the audience. All registrants will have access to recorded versions of the presentations after the conference.
All interested parties are encouraged to attend both days so they can hear as many talks as possible, from a wide range of speakers on a variety of topics. Attend as many sessions as you’d like!