2018 Dec News
All (86) | Courses, Education (3) | Meetings (5) | News (14) | Opinions (28) | Top Stories, Tweets (9) | Tutorials, Overviews (23) | Webcasts & Webinars (4)
- Manning Countdown to 2019 – Big Deals on AI, Data Science, Machine Learning books and videos - Dec 28, 2018.
Introducing the Manning countdown to 2019, where each day you’ll be able to get a different one day deal on some of their biggest books and video courses.
- Who is a Data Scientist? - Dec 27, 2018.
An introduction to the Initiative for Analytics and Data Science Standards (IADSS), who have launched a global research study aiming to gain insight about the analytics profession in the industry and help support the development of standards regarding analytics role definitions.
- Improve ML transparency without sacrificing accuracy - Dec 19, 2018.
O'Reilly begins to shed some light on the accuracy/complexity tradeoff in machine learning, with An Introduction to Machine Learning Interpretability: An Applied Perspective on Fairness, Accountability, Transparency, and Explainable AI. Get the ebook now!
- How to do Deep Learning with SAS - Dec 18, 2018.
Build a deep learning model using SAS. This paper offers a how-to guide so that you can get up and running.
- Exploring the Data Jungle Free eBook - Dec 18, 2018.
This free eBook by Brian Godsey will provide you with real-world examples in Python, R, and other languages suitable for data science.
- eBook: An Introduction to Active Learning - Dec 17, 2018.
At Figure Eight, we're big believers in active learning. We think it holds the promise to better models, and that it's just about to go mainstream. In our new eBook, An Introduction to Active Learning, we cover the essentials. Download now!
- Four Real-Life Machine Learning Use Cases - Dec 13, 2018.
This ebook will walk you through four use cases for Machine Learning on Databricks, covering loan risk, advertising analytics and predictive use case, market basket analysis, suspicious behaviour identification in video use, and more.
- Math for Machine Learning - Dec 10, 2018.
This ebook explains the math involved and introduces you directly to the foundational topics in machine learning.
- Dr. Data Show Video: Five Reasons Computers Predict When You’ll Die - Dec 8, 2018.
Death prediction is a very morbid topic indeed — but a very practical one. So how does it work? What technological sorcery is at play? And how accurate is it? And, gee whiz, what's it used for?
- DATAx Presents: AI AND MACHINE LEARNING TRENDS IN 2019 - Dec 6, 2018.
This free Ebook from DATAx offers advice on using AI and machine learning to enhance customer satisfaction, how chief data officers are taking the reins on AI strategy, successful case studies from across the business, and more.
- The Quick Python Book - Dec 5, 2018.
Written for programmers new to Python, this latest edition includes new exercises throughout. It covers features common to other languages concisely, while introducing Python's comprehensive standard functions library and unique features in detail.
- Data Mining Book – Chapter Download - Dec 4, 2018.
Download this immediately useful book chapter, and learn how to create derived variables, which allow the statistical and Data Science modeling to incorporate human insights.
- Open Source Data Science Adoption: The How & Why - Dec 4, 2018.
Get the report on Enterprise Open Source Data Science Adoption which outlines the most popular open source tools for a host of jobs. Free download.
- Graph-Powered Machine Learning - Dec 3, 2018.
This book from Manning Publications is a wonderful introduction to graphs for machine learning enthusiasts, as well as a great entrée into machine learning for graph experts.