Recent CareerCast report
ranked Data Scientist as the top job in USA, with very good work environment, low stress, high projected growth, and median salary of $114,520.
The top jobs in the report were
- Data Scientist, Median Salary: $114,520
- Statistician, Median Salary: $84,760
- University Professor, Median Salary: $76,000
- Occupational Therapist, Median Salary: $83,200
- Genetic Counselor, Median Salary: $77,480
Data Scientist was also ranked as
2019 most promising job by LinkedIn
in January 2019.
This comes as no surprise to KDnuggets readers, since Data Scientist was ranked as
best job in America, 3 years in a row by Glassdoor
and was among the
top emerging jobs in the US according to LinkedIn
back in 2017.
However, the total number of Data Scientist positions is still limited.
As of May 8,
Note - you get many more jobs when omitting quotes from the search, but then you get listings for different scientists
- CareerCast shows 4,024 job listings for "Data Scientist",
- Indeed.com has 5,366 jobs for "Data Scientist", and
- GlassDoor shows 4,405 jobs for "Data Scientist".
While Data Science automation looms on the horizons, the next few years will be the golden age for Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers.