KDnuggets™ News 19:n27, Jul 24: Bayesian deep learning and near-term quantum computers; DeepMind’s CASP13 Protein Folding Upset Summary
This week on KDnuggets: Learn how DeepMind dominated the last CASP competition for advancing protein folding models; Bayesian deep learning and near-term quantum computers: A cautionary tale in quantum machine learning; The Evolution of a ggplot; Adapters: A Compact and Extensible Transfer Learning Method for NLP; 12 Things I Learned During My First Year as a Machine Learning Engineer; Things I Learned From the SciPy 2019 Lightning Talks; and much more!
- Bayesian deep learning and near-term quantum computers: A cautionary tale in quantum machine learning
- A Summary of DeepMind's Protein Folding Upset at CASP13
- The Evolution of a ggplot
- Adapters: A Compact and Extensible Transfer Learning Method for NLP
- 12 Things I Learned During My First Year as a Machine Learning Engineer
- Things I Learned From the SciPy 2019 Lightning Talks
- Kaggle Kernels Guide for Beginners: A Step by Step Tutorial
- From Data Pre-processing to Optimizing a Regression Model Performance
- Big Data for Insurance
- How to Make Stunning 3D Plots for Better Storytelling
- Computer Vision for Beginners: Part 1
- Is Bias in Machine Learning all Bad?
- The title CDO started out as a joke
- What's the Best Data Strategy for Enterprises: Build, buy, partner or acquire?
- Rethinking Mentoring In Data Science
Webcasts and Webinars
- NBCUniversal: Manager, Revenue Management [Orlando, FL]
- Apple: Data Science Engineer [Austin, TX]
- Bottomline Technologies: Data Scientist [Portsmouth, NH]
- Monash University: Lecturers / Senior Lecturers - Digital Health, Image Analytics [Melbourne, Australia]
Top Stories, Tweets
- Top Stories, Jul 15-21: The Death of Big Data and the Emergence of the Multi-Cloud Era; Bayesian deep learning and near-term quantum computers
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 10-16: Intuitive Visualization of Outlier Detection Methods; What's wrong with the approach to Data Science?
Image of the week